PDA

View Full Version : board experts idea???

kyleN20
02-16-2006, 04:43 PM
so heres the idea, we have some sort of are with common repairs section, like waterpump, starter, radiator, blagh blagh, and if youv done that job, you can check it off, or post a little "iv done it" in that area. this way, when someone need to do a job, the can look and find someone whats done it right before they dive in blind.

like iv dont my starter before, so id post like a "ive done my starter" in that section" then someone could just pm me with questions. not to mention that on every job i do i photo document, so i can provide pics and info?

i thought this might be a good idea, or am i a dumbass and this is already being done?

kyle

Cactuar
02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
That's an excellent idea, I'm all for it. I'm not sure how this would be implemented in the board, it would have to be a common table that everyone can edit and add their "checks" onto. Anyway, great stuff and I hope a mod is reading :)

Jay 535i
02-16-2006, 04:50 PM
It's a good idea, but it would take a lot of effort to set up.

Is it worth it, considering what we do now works pretty well (i.e. someone posts their problem and everyone chimes in with their replies)?

Zeuk in Oz
02-16-2006, 04:50 PM
so heres the idea, we have some sort of are with common repairs section, like waterpump, starter, radiator, blagh blagh, and if youv done that job, you can check it off, or post a little "iv done it" in that area. this way, when someone need to do a job, the can look and find someone whats done it right before they dive in blind.

like iv dont my starter before, so id post like a "ive done my starter" in that section" then someone could just pm me with questions. not to mention that on every job i do i photo document, so i can provide pics and info?

i thought this might be a good idea, or am i a dumbass and this is already being done?

kyle
A good idea but IMHO it will be too complicated.

Using the search function does the same thing ! :D

Alexlind123
02-16-2006, 05:12 PM
writeups are veyr helpful. There should be a section for them. If people seem to like the idea, i could restart my abandoned website and dedicate it how-tos.