PDA

View Full Version : 94 540i water pump.

Beez540
02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
I got a leaking water pump.

What's all this about some of the 540s having different types of water pumps? With varying degrees of install difficulty and elaborateness (real word?) of parts?

Can anyone shed some light on this... and how I can determine which one I need?

Thanks,

B

p.s. I've searched.

Sanka540
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
i have a 1995 540i and the auxilary water pump went on it, its a relatively easy fix but the part costs about 250USD to buy. My problem was that the nipple on the auxilary pump broke causing tons of coolant to spill out all over the place. which caused the engine to overheat in a matter of minutes, rendering the car useless. If u can find the part used do that, then its an easy fix.

632 Regal
02-16-2006, 04:04 PM
did you look the part up on realoem to determine which one you need? That should help big time. there is 1 bolt thats a total PITA to get to, you have to turn it like 1/32 of a turn at a time and it takes more time than the whole project. There is one gotcha point and thats to make sure you dont pull the pipe out of the rear section of the engine or you might get a leak and have to pull the intake to fix.

Beez540
02-16-2006, 04:14 PM
did you look the part up on realoem to determine which one you need? That should help big time. there is 1 bolt thats a total PITA to get to, you have to turn it like 1/32 of a turn at a time and it takes more time than the whole project. There is one gotcha point and thats to make sure you dont pull the pipe out of the rear section of the engine or you might get a leak and have to pull the intake to fix.

dammit... I always forget about realoem. That helped.

Has anyone done a write up on this?