PDA

View Full Version : $25 M3/M5 mirrors...

Jon K
02-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Well I bit the bullet. Not sure what they look like in person as I am at school still. They came and I bugged my sister to take pics of them. No one on here had a decent pic so she snapped a couple.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/andreak/fdfdfdfdfdfd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/andreak/dfdfdfdfdf.jpg

Hrm. 3 wire harness... means they're not heated I guess, I think the motors might work on only one axis but not sure. We'll see this weekend!

McWatters
02-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Oooo im excited.

lol , this will answer many of our wonders about this "ebay" item.

Thank you Jon K for growing the balls and takin the plunge for us haha

cheers

J.McWatters

Dan-ny-m398
02-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Those are the same ones that I got , probably from the same seller. They are much better than what I expected, I still haven't gotten around to intall them.

hakwuzhere
02-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Arent there some around the same price that you swap your motor into and then get the heating functions?

I know Ive seen some for $125 or so, but Im really interested in how these work out when installed.

Incantation
02-16-2006, 01:51 AM
no one here had a decent pic.. right

genphreak
02-16-2006, 05:51 AM
...as I was considering a pair of these;
Are there any differences in the left and right side versions?
Are the mirror glasses tinted and/or concave? ie like the magnifying mirrors that have that "objects may appear closer than they actually are" text on them?
With these do you have to make up your own triangular pillar plate and fasten the mirrors on somehow? What kind of fastenings/mounts are included, if any? There seem to be similar cheaper ones around that have the full plate as opposed to these ones that need one? Or am I wrong and it is it included in the box?
(For those that haven't seen them the original mirrors take the pillar plate with them when removed)I've asked the fleabay vendors but they have NFI.

TIA... :) Nick

Boom n Zoom
02-16-2006, 06:43 AM
I have been looking for a set of these as well, it will be interesting to see how they fit up.

Question for you guys with the Manual Gearboxed E34s, does the passengers side mirror drop down when you engage reverse like those of us who have the slushboxes?

I have to say this is one feature of mine that I like as the Damn AZEV Aluminium rims are....

A. Rare in this country, at least tricky to get apparently.
and
B. as I have 10" x 17" on the rear and I can only get 255/40's under the rear guard it saves me trashing my rims everytime I parallel park :)

IF the Manuals have this feature with the mirrors then would it be safe to assume that these M style mirrors allow that feature?

Boom n Zoom

Jon K
02-16-2006, 07:23 AM
no one here had a decent pic.. right

No one had a decent pic. You have different mirrors, with LEDs in them, I don't want those - Thus, no one had a decent picture of these.

nariusb
02-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Can you post a link to the exact item on ebay, please.