PDA

View Full Version : Another happy BMA customer

rob101
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Just thought I would post this one up, I ordered bits and pieces (badges, filter, gaskets, nuts) from BMA I faxed the order through probably mid thursday our time, which would be late wednesday US time, Package Arrived at midday on monday here in brisbane. Patrick Responded to all my emails and i just faxed my order through, no stress very easy and very pleased. BMA all the way :D . now my e34 has new badges and chrome exhaust tips just cut and polished it too, looks very very very nice :D

632 Regal
02-15-2006, 09:12 PM
order a spring package and the drop look might be more appealing...to me that is. Awesome color!

rob101
02-15-2006, 09:18 PM
order a spring package and the drop look might be more appealing...to me that is. Awesome color!
thanks for the advice, I am slowing sorting things out with this car. I think I will need new thrust arms soon so it might be on the cards.

632 Regal
02-15-2006, 09:32 PM
read up on thrust arms, theres a few threads going right now with goos advice. I didnt mean to say your car looks shitty or anything just when stock its like the germans cut a corner for travel of the suspension instead of redesigning the travel issue.

Zeuk in Oz
02-15-2006, 10:19 PM
read up on thrust arms, theres a few threads going right now with goos advice. I didnt mean to say your car looks shitty or anything just when stock its like the germans cut a corner for travel of the suspension instead of redesigning the travel issue.
Replaced my thust arms with lemfoerders with 750i bushings from BMA over the weekend.
Fan-bloody-tastic !

rob101
02-16-2006, 05:13 AM
nah i didn't think you did, I meant mechanical stuff to sort out, I am a mechanical engineer so I am mechanically focused when it comes to a car :D

Boom n Zoom
02-16-2006, 06:32 AM
I've been waiting to hear how it went for you.

I took the car to 'that' place :D The guys there gave it a very clean bill of health, in fact they made a point of saying that it is one of the best examples of an E34 they have seen in sometime.

Other things that the found were:

Has a Limited slip diff (apparently non standard as it was an option??)

Has the not lifetime fluid 5 speed Auto Transmission (cannot for the life of me remember what the designation is. Something,something,something,30. Either way I don't have to stress about the Trans anymore.)

The Front and Rear bushes for all of the suspension are fine, they have suggested that I get a Camber/Caster kit for the front end as with the Eibach springs the geometry has changed as it is somewhat low :) This is what is causing the instability over rough roads, in fact it make sense as it feels as if it has very little negative caster or its gone close to no caster (Should be about 6 degrees negative) so the front wheels don't need much input from the road surface to upset the steering. I will be looking into this tomorrow.

The shocks are stock and are getting somewhat soft, especially the front, rears aren't too bad but I plan to do all four corners when I do.

We decided that it should have a type II service so all fluids & filters etc, still not sure if they changed the plugs (Hope not as I had spent AUS$150.00+ on a set of NGK Iridium IX's only 1000Kms ago) This I have to check.
Anyhow all up it cost AUS$774.40 and it has a clean bill of health, so one very happy customer and the best part is I can walk to work in just on 40mins at a brisk pace from the workshop.

I just wanted to say thanks Rob101, your a lifesaver :D

Boom n Zoom

rob101
02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah, do you have a number plate holder from them on there? they installed it free of charge lol (wow thanks I always wanted one) guess its their way of advertising but hey, if they keep providing service like that, then a number plate holder is fine by me.

glad to hear i could help out, did you see the Black 6er around there?mmmmmmm sexy.