PDA

View Full Version : Trans Program Help

bmwguy123
02-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi guys,

I have searched through the forums about the trans program problem that people have faced with and I wanted to know if any of you experts could help me out. I own a 1995 BMW 525i. I was driving home one day when I noticed that the car wasn't moving very fast and then the trans program light came on and I was in what is believed to me "limp mode". I drove it home and let the car sit there over night. The next day when I turn on the car, trans program does not appear. However, my car seems like it won't go past the third gear. So I'm stuck going at around 40 mph at around 2500-3000rpm. I'm scard to drive it any harder because I don't know if this gear should be driven on rpms that high. Oh and I've also done the stomp test but the code was 1444 so didn't help. If any of you guys could help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

632 Regal
02-14-2006, 02:30 PM
first thing to do is properly check the trans fluid, if its off it can cause this problem, after that reboot the computer and it should go out of limp mode.

good luck!

dacoyote
02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Hiya...

Run a search on how to check the tranny fuild... it's not as easy as pulling the stick on that car....

and then reboot

bmwguy123
02-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh I forgot to also mention that I had the transmission fluid checked some was put in. How do I reboot the computer?

RobPatt
02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
..think you can search for post by shogun on computer reset or OBC reset, reboot etc.... looking for the proecedure where basically d/c the batt for a time, and connect + & - cables (which are OFF and not connected to the battery, battery totally out of picture...) for like 10 minutes or so. Find the procedure.... check fluid. Check my posts too as I've been transprog free for about 12K miles... also check www.bmwe34.net under maint or repairs section for "trans prog error". most likely electric or fluid, seems like the rebuild is less common resolution....cheers, Rob.