PDA

View Full Version : Help! Coolant disater

530i1994E34
02-13-2006, 06:08 PM
While I was driving, the large rubber hose connecting to my radiator came off and the coolant emptied itself on the engine compartment.

I noticed the coolant temp msg as the temp guage pointed in the red region. I pulled over and shut off the engine.

Connected the hose back to the radiator and filled the coolant and then started the engine.

Now am getting a loud noise from the water pump...pls help...The noise starts even when the engine is not started.

angrypancake
02-13-2006, 06:44 PM
See if the neck to your radiator has broken off as well. When my hose came off, I didn't suspect the rad neck as I wasn't familiar with that flaw. Run a quick search for water pumps, t-stats, radiators, etc. There's tons of articles, writeups, all you need.

skr
02-13-2006, 07:40 PM
"The noise starts even when the engine is not started."

I don't realy understand. The water pump is belt driven by the engine. So if the engine ain't spinning neither is the water pump. Does the noise start when you put the key in the ignition? Please give some more details

P.S: welcome to the board

632 Regal
02-13-2006, 08:05 PM
maybe its them german mice?

"The noise starts even when the engine is not started."

I don't realy understand. The water pump is belt driven by the engine. So if the engine ain't spinning neither is the water pump. Does the noise start when you put the key in the ignition? Please give some more details

P.S: welcome to the board

calmloki
02-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Maybe coolant on the belts making them go squeaky squeaky when he cranks it over, even before starting?

632 Regal
02-13-2006, 09:35 PM
the engine isnt running when it makes noise.

Maybe coolant on the belts making them go squeaky squeaky when he cranks it over, even before starting?

angrypancake
02-13-2006, 09:37 PM
maybe he's talking about that mysterious noise that happens when you turn the car off :)