PDA

View Full Version : Will a complete strut asembly from an 89 535 fit in a 92 525?

mike okisbig
02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Basically, I'm wondering if 4 complete strut assemblies with Eibach springs and Koni struts from an 89 535 work in a 92 525? Thanks.

Carl Jensen

mholbrook
02-13-2006, 01:34 PM
If they are complete, I don't know why not. The only difference between the early and late are the top nuts and the size of the strut that goes through the bearing. If you R&R the whole strut intact, it should be very easy, fit perfect and take about 1/2 the time to do the job.

Sounds like a bargain suspension system. If you don't want it, sell to me!

ryan roopnarine
02-13-2006, 04:01 PM
iirc, there are shock inserts that may be too "short" even though their diameters are the same. for minimum headache and maximum results, tell the board the production date of the vehicle it will be going in to, and the production date of the vehicle the strut assemblies came out of (before the shocks and springs were put on). if you don't know this information, someone may be able to help you otherwise.

ps..91-93 525i's are not cars that you want to guess about strut fittment with. there are constantly people on ebay selling shock parts that won't fit their 525i but were informed otherwise prior to sale.

HDhandyman
02-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I thought Eibachs went with Bills and H&Rs went with Konis? Still, I could just be babbling.

angrypancake
02-13-2006, 04:55 PM
could be both, if I ever get some money, Koni's will be going with my Eibachs. IIRC it's pretty harsh, but still a nice aggressive setup.

Evan
04-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Did you find out if it fits right in?

I've been checking around for shocks and struts and I get the impression that the only difference is the top nut size for model years 89-95...

am I right?