PDA

View Full Version : fIVE LUG HUBS ON MY E30??

n1ckle
02-12-2006, 03:11 AM
I just recently purchased a 87 528e, mostly bought it for the motor, to go in my 85 325. What i want to know is can I also utilize other parts, such as the
limited slip rear, the hubs, brake calipers front and back ????

winfred
02-12-2006, 09:39 AM
the diff will bolt in fine but you need to swap the rear cover and axle flanges on to it from your e30 diff before you bolt it in, the flanges just pop in and out sometimes it takes a little effort. the e28 hubs will not work i've looked at that possiblity and it will not, the options for 5 lug on a e30 are e30 m3 is the easyest, and the hardest but most effective (what i am installing on my car) m coupe/roadster suspension front and rear with it's directional vented humongus front rotors and vented rear rotors, theres a few levels in between involving various combinations of e30 and e36 parts, like a smaller easyer to find/cheeper version of my swap would be e36 325 front suspension and 318ti/z3 rear trailing arms with their brake assemblys (318ti has wimpy solid front rotors and would be a downgrade but the rears are a common swap), a e36 front suspension requiers some work to make work right and is a little more then a simple bolt on, if you get the correct combo of components it's easyer

you can reasearch this further at this site www.e30tech.com