PDA

View Full Version : Raybestos ceramic pads are awesome!

Robert K
03-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Just wanted to report on the Raybestos PG Plus Quiet Stop pads I installed on my 1991 535i a couple of months ago. I was running stock pads, which are fantasic for daily use. Great stopping power and quiet operation. However, the dust was terrible and my style 5 wheels didn't make cleaning the wheels up an easy task. So, upon the advice of Bill R., I had my brothers get me a set of the Raybestos PG Plus Quiet Stop front pads for Christmas. Having installed them and driven on them for a month or two now, I can say that these are really wonderful pads. I really didn't notice any difference in the stopping power or quietness of operation. But the lack of dust is very noticeable. I washed my wheels Sunday and hardly saw a trace of black come off of them when I hit them with water. So, if any of you are about due for new front brakes, and are tired of the dust from the stock pads, I would suggest that you give these pads a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
1991 535i

JR'Z 525
03-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Robert, I agree 100%. I installed a set a few weeks ago and think they are as good as the oem pads I removed plus they keep my purdy new Rondell 58's much cleaner! Thanks to Bill R for the recommendation!
JR :D

TheGeak
03-16-2004, 03:36 PM
now, just get that setup with some ceramic rotors and you'll have a real beast!

Scott H
03-16-2004, 03:55 PM
the real deal is more expensive than the value of most older E34s all-together

TheGeak
03-16-2004, 04:01 PM
it was sarcasm. Although ceramic rotors on any car would still be really cool