PDA

View Full Version : Winter tire blues

Jay 535i
02-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Okay, so it's now the middle of February here in Toronto, and I'd say that since the beginning of winter we've had maybe four days with snow on the roads.

Can I put my 17s back on, please? :)

Derek A.
02-11-2006, 01:41 PM
They make snow tires for those wheels. Seen a few people with e39's run those in the winter.

Jay 535i
02-11-2006, 01:46 PM
They make snow tires for those wheels. Seen a few people with e39's run those in the winter.

But I don't have any, and I'm not about to buy my third set of tires in six months.

I guess I'll wait another 4-6 weeks. :(

shanek
02-11-2006, 09:25 PM
I agree, I left mine in Edmonton in my Dad's garage and now I'm living in Kelowna where the grass is still green. Its snowed a couple times but has never stuck to the roads. I have to wait a month or so to go get them because chances are pretty damn good I'd never make it back going through the mountains. Has anybody in this country got any real snow this year?

SharkmanBMW
02-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Montreal Baby!
Not a lot, but a few days it was CRAZY. The Xi kicked ass, with dsc on it is a little tame, it really keeps the car super controlled!
Turn it off and it gets slippery, they use a lot of salt which ends up making slush.... = grease.
I would have not made it anywhere if I had all season or summer tires here in MTL.
It is usually just dry and cold, but when it dumps, we get 6 inches at a time, so it hangs around a few days on the streets.