PDA

View Full Version : Front end noise - driver side struct bearing?

M-what
02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
I know there are many sounds and noise that comes from a 15 year old car. This sound is a new one that just started. It only occurs from impact on the driver front wheel - bump or pothole (small ones). Sounds like loose metal component rattle - almost as if the spring is loose. I checked the springs loaded and unloaded and it does not move. The thrust arms & lower control arms were just done 6 months ago. So do worn struct bearing make this kind of noise?

632 Regal
02-11-2006, 03:04 PM
say "strut", im guessing it could be the strut collar nut or the sway bar links. did they replace the arms or just press bushings? To tighten the strut collar you can tighten it with a big pipe wrench and a pole.
I know there are many sounds and noise that comes from a 15 year old car. This sound is a new one that just started. It only occurs from impact on the driver front wheel - bump or pothole (small ones). Sounds like loose metal component rattle - almost as if the spring is loose. I checked the springs loaded and unloaded and it does not move. The thrust arms & lower control arms were just done 6 months ago. So do worn struct bearing make this kind of noise?

M-what
02-14-2006, 02:14 PM
say "strut", im guessing it could be the strut collar nut or the sway bar links. did they replace the arms or just press bushings? To tighten the strut collar you can tighten it with a big pipe wrench and a pole.

Sorry for the typo, that day was long one with bunch of structural engineer. I replaced all the arms with the 750 bushings. I gues I will check on the strut collar nut. Thanks