PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Coolant Level Problem

vball
03-15-2004, 05:30 PM
I have a 91 525 with 75K miles. I get a “Check Coolant Level” indication when I switch off the car, but >only< when I have been driving over 65-70 mph. OK simple solution – obey the speed limit. Any thoughts short of this radical step?

ryan roopnarine
03-15-2004, 05:33 PM
display a message if its overfilled or it isn't bled within an inch of its life.....i'd suggest bleeding it...mine only displays the message when i drive for more than an hour at highway speeds....think it might be time to replace the sensor, or try to clean it.

MikeV
03-15-2004, 05:50 PM
display a message if its overfilled or it isn't bled within an inch of its life.....i'd suggest bleeding it...mine only displays the message when i drive for more than an hour at highway speeds....think it might be time to replace the sensor, or try to clean it.

Hey Ryan, I guess this means you survived the 500-mile drive, right?
Either that or you broke down in front of an Internet Cafe....

ryan roopnarine
03-15-2004, 06:19 PM
it went ok...after the coffee cup of water, i couldn't get it to reproduce that sound no matter what i tried...so i wiped off as much of the underside of the belt as i could get to, and picked up a dayco replacement at advance auto..gawdddd those people don't like to werk :^) i had to argue with the guy for 5 minutes to tell him that the belt listed under serpentine for my car was indeed a v belt sans the ac compressor...he kept saying that it was a dealer part..all in all, not bad for $22, not much worse than bma methinks.