PDA

View Full Version : help me get heat

rbeaud
02-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I can no longer get heat from the IHKR in the car. It's a 1990 525iA. I've checked the blower fan twice. It powered up both times and the brushes, while well worn, have aout .75" left. Should be fine.

Just before I lost it, there was a smell of burnt electronics in the passenger compartment. I had hope to somehow power the fan directly by jumpering the fan relay. Nothing happened. I wondered if there was some other connection in the final speed module that needed to be jumpered or other. However, the Bentley diagram is not clear to me. I can't seem to find the pin outs for speed control.

Anyone have ideas why the IHKR isn't working? Suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Roland

1995 525i
02-10-2006, 02:36 PM
I can no longer get heat from the IHKR in the car. It's a 1990 525iA. I've checked the blower fan twice. It powered up both times and the brushes, while well worn, have aout .75" left. Should be fine.

Just before I lost it, there was a smell of burnt electronics in the passenger compartment. I had hope to somehow power the fan directly by jumpering the fan relay. Nothing happened. I wondered if there was some other connection in the final speed module that needed to be jumpered or other. However, the Bentley diagram is not clear to me. I can't seem to find the pin outs for speed control.

Anyone have ideas why the IHKR isn't working? Suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Roland

Is there any air coming out? If so, what is the temp? Normal/Cool?

Michael

rbeaud
02-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Is there any air coming out? If so, what is the temp? Normal/Cool?

Michael

I can see the clarity of my email was poor.

The only problem is that the fan will not power up and blow air through the vents. I believe the pump and heater core are fine because the minimal air coming through the system with recirc off will actually warm the cabin at highway speeds.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Roland