PDA

View Full Version : 750i thrust arm inserts and metal bushings

Bruno
02-10-2006, 09:58 AM
The prototypes are made for the thrust arm inserts and they are very nice.
Now we plan on getting a batch moulded out of aluminum. The insert will be used in place of the green insert in the bushing.
You won't have to remove your bushing to install them. (just unbolt it).
This will stiffen the bushing and reduce the failure rate.

We are thinking about making two versions of the inserts, one that will completely enclose the bushing and another version that will allow the bushing to still hava a little play.

In the works is a solid bushing race spec with a needle bearing to replace the 750i bushing.

We are also working on a spherical bearing for the control arm if there is any takers. We will make at least one set for Dave and his 535i turbo.

Jon K
02-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Now we plan on getting a batch moulded out of aluminum.

We are thinking about making two versions of the inserts, one that will completely enclose the bushing and another version that will allow the bushing to still hava a little play.

In the works is a solid bushing race spec with a needle bearing to replace the 750i bushing.

We are also working on a spherical bearing for the control arm if there is any takers. We will make at least one set for Dave and his 535i turbo.

If and when my Grunts go... i will be interested Bruno

fkong777
02-15-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm going to need to change bushing again soon. will it prolong the bushing life? it seem to last only about 1 year then I get the brake and shake again.

Bimmer Nut Ed
02-15-2006, 05:50 PM
I'll be re-doing mine soon too, I'm interested also Bruno. Just let me know what, where, when and how much.

kyleN20
02-15-2006, 05:58 PM
im into it, but cost is a thing for me, and i think i need bushings aslo, not jsut inserts

Mendozart
02-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah, my 750il bushings are done. I think they lasted about 3 years.

Rustam
02-15-2006, 08:43 PM
We are also working on a spherical bearing for the control arm if there is any takers.

what is the price for those?

McWatters
02-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Ahh so thats what they call it, The Brake and Shake, yes i get a little bit of that myself.

cheers

J.McWatters

632 Regal
02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
thrust arm bushings, replace them with the 750 bushings or the whole deal from BMA if the balljoints arent mint.

Ahh so thats what they call it, The Brake and Shake, yes i get a little bit of that myself.

cheers

J.McWatters

kyleN20
02-15-2006, 10:01 PM
hey jeff, how much is that setup from bma, i heard someone say 100 or so, which sounds great, but i havent been able to find it, it you or anyone has the link to that price, please post it for me.

thanks

kyle

Bruno
02-16-2006, 06:34 AM
I'll be re-doing mine soon too, I'm interested also Bruno. Just let me know what, where, when and how much.

As soon as break my piggy bank to get 500 units made, then I will post pictures and information...

I should get something in a month or so.

Thanks,

Russell
02-16-2006, 06:50 AM
I have your red delrin thrust arm inserts that seem to enclose the entire bushing. IMO, they seem to ride harsher than I would like.

Now I need to replace my entire thrust arms as boots are busted and beginning to clunk. Planning to go to the lemforder with 740 (or is it 750) bushings. I have an interest in the aluminum inserts that allow a little play.

BTW, you make great products.

Now we plan on getting a batch moulded out of aluminum. The insert will be used in place of the green insert in the bushing.
You won't have to remove your bushing to install them. (just unbolt it).
This will stiffen the bushing and reduce the failure rate.

Boom n Zoom
02-16-2006, 06:51 AM
I'll be in for all of the aforementioned parts :D

Bruno do you still have the Delrin inserts for the rear subframe available for sale?
Sorry to ask but I'm just too bloody lazy to go look at the site :)

Boom n Zoom

Bruno
02-16-2006, 07:08 AM
I have your red delrin thrust arm inserts that seem to enclose the entire bushing. IMO, they seem to ride harsher than I would like.

Now I need to replace my entire thrust arms as boots are busted and beginning to clunk. Planning to go to the lemforder with 740 (or is it 750) bushings. I have an interest in the aluminum inserts that allow a little play.

BTW, you make great products.

The new inserts will be stronger (made out of Aluminum). And I will make two version, one that enclose the bushing completely, and another one that leaves a gap allowing the bushing to flex.

Trying to accommodate everyone :)

Russell
02-16-2006, 07:23 AM
The red delrin thrust arm inserts have completely stopped the 55 mph vibration/shimmy for about a year. Not sure if the red inserts have "worn" any at all. Will find out when I replace my thrust arms hopefully in the next few months.

Actually I am not really sure the red inserts are harsher than stock You see, I also replaced my front stuts with new BOGE struts and saw no significant change in harshness and ride, but big positive change in handling.

The new inserts will be stronger (made out of Aluminum). And I will make two version, one that enclose the bushing completely, and another one that leaves a gap allowing the bushing to flex.

fkong777
02-16-2006, 10:41 AM

I'm all for getting a little flex!!! I had eurathane bushing before and I hated the ride. Smallest of bumps were harsh. I rather change bushing every 12 month than to go back to eurathane bushings..

Please get them made soon. I'm in need of new bushing.