PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Stop for less than $2

mholbrook
02-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Took a trip to Lowes today and got an Elevator Bolt, 5/16 x 2", one speed nut 5/16, one lock washer, one flat washer, and one 5/16 nut. The head on the elevator bolt is about 1.25" across and is flat and thin (like a clutch stop). I took my 5/16" drill bit and drilled out the hole a bit in the metal piece where you should find a small rubber plug which you can pull out.

Insert the speed nut with thread side down, spin the nut down the bolt about 3/4 of the way, put on the lock then the flat washers and screw it into the speed nut. Go all the way down and tighten the lock nut down snug. Then open the garage door and test. You want to have the clutch take up just a bit off the clutch stop. You have to hit the stop on every shift.

Finally, be sure that your clutch lever bushings are in good shape so the lever does not have side to side movement. After the final adjustment be sure the pedal lever is hitting the stop in the center. If not, bend it slightly one way or the other until it is hitting dead center.

Test drive and adjust any more as necessary.

Total cost is under $2.00

puppypilgrim
10-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Do you have a pic of the final assembly?

Fetch
10-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Do you have a pic of the final assembly?

seconded!

I've always wanted to just buy some hardware and make my own, let's see it!

Jon K
10-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Pics please

I used to have one but I dont know what happened to it.