PDA

View Full Version : Any reason why my brakes aren't as good?

stan
03-15-2004, 12:11 PM
This has kinda been buggin me for a while now and I've not been able to figure out the problem. It seems like the pedal feel relative to the stopping power of the brakes has diminished somewhat. The pedal is still firm, however it's almost like you have to push harder to get the car to stop.
Once upon a time, these E34 (95 525) brakes impressed the heck out of me...not so much anymore. Thinking back for a point of reference as to when this started happening is a few months ago with the purchase of new tires. The only difference here is that instead of 225/55/16 Potenza RE-950s, I went to a 225/50/16 RE-950
Other than that, I have Brembo rotors/Mintex pads all around at only a few months old, the system was bled when they were changed out, I have a new OEM suspension on it, upper/lower control arms and sway bar links have been swapped out accordingly. I don't have shimmy anymore, just not as much braking power as it once had.
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

632 Regal
03-15-2004, 01:13 PM
sounds like they might be glazing up on ya. Just like the owners manual says, go out on a desolate road and de-glaze them by hitting the pedel HARD a few times to bust the glaze off everything. Brakes should be good as new after.

tim s
03-15-2004, 01:36 PM
my brake booster leaked internally. with the car running, hold the pedal to the floor, shut of the car, & see if the pedal pushes up or stays put. when my booster failed i could not keep the pedal down.
hope this helps
tim s.
1995 540i/a
1987 325e

stan
03-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys...I'll give both a try.