PDA

View Full Version : ramps keep moving

rob101
02-07-2006, 09:11 PM
hello everyone, i have been driving either of my cars up my ramps and then having the ramp pop out (ie i can't get the car onto them), after seeing genphreak's sig, i know there has to be a way, should i reverse them up it or something.

grrrrrrrrr my dad wants to ruin the garage by putting bolts down (another one of his genius "i can't do anything the correct way" solutions) to bolt them down, i am sure there is a way to get the car up there without it slipping out without fixing the ramps or anything stupid like that.

Alexlind123
02-07-2006, 09:20 PM
I just jack it up and slide the ramps under the tires and release the jack because my car is too low to fit on ramps.

632 Regal
02-07-2006, 09:35 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/safety%20ramp%20rear.JPG

http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/safetyr%20ramp.jpg

need a hammer drill for the stop bolts or whatever.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
02-07-2006, 10:03 PM
hello everyone, i have been driving either of my cars up my ramps and then having the ramp pop out (ie i can't get the car onto them), after seeing genphreak's sig, i know there has to be a way, should i reverse them up it or something.

grrrrrrrrr my dad wants to ruin the garage by putting bolts down (another one of his genius "i can't do anything the correct way" solutions) to bolt them down, i am sure there is a way to get the car up there without it slipping out without fixing the ramps or anything stupid like that.

Buy a couple of feet of generic 16mm heater hose (for a Holden or Ford) and cut to the width of the ramp's rear edge. Slit the hose lengthwise and slip it over the ramp edges. They shouldn't slip anymore.

I use these: http://www.shercomindustries.com/features/ezrisers/ft_ezrisers.html

rob101
02-07-2006, 10:16 PM
thanks for the ideas :D sounds like i am not the only one who has had this problem

SRR2
02-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Try pieces of carpet anti-skid mat under the ramps. Seems to work ok, but might depend somewhat on the surface texture of the floor underneath.

Akhil
02-08-2006, 06:08 AM
My front wheel drive Oldsmobile gose on Ramp like champ but BMW does not. Then I got plastic ramp from Walmart that has differant angle of slop, and it worked for me.

Akhil

athflying79
02-08-2006, 07:14 AM
I had the Wal-Mart plastic ramps and took them back. After spending nearly an hour trying to get the car up and leaving streaks all over, I gave up.

Mendozart
02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I use a couple old door mats underneath the ramps, works well.

dacoyote
02-08-2006, 10:23 AM
I use a couple old door mats underneath the ramps, works well.

I use the same trick... works well....

jacking the car up and setting them back on them works to....

632 Regal
02-08-2006, 11:56 AM
sorry, didnt have a pic of a bolt I dropped in a hole behind the ramp
i dont get it, how does that help stop the ramps from popping forward when driving onto them?

zuzuk212
02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Use 2x4 or something with enough length and strength, place between the back of the ramp and the wall. When up on the ramps, the 2x4 or whatever can be removed to make crawling around easier.

Ken