PDA

View Full Version : OT: balloon explodes in car

cschollum
02-07-2006, 08:18 PM
A man from Sheridan is facing explosives charges after he accidentally blew up his own car with a gas-filled balloon he was taking to a Super Bowl party.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/6790966/detail.html

pyro
02-07-2006, 09:29 PM
we do that in autoshop at school w/ 5 gallon garbage bags :D sets off EVERY car alarm in the parkinglot :p

Incantation
02-08-2006, 02:59 AM
faces 2 to 6 years in prison?

wtf

onewhippedpuppy
02-08-2006, 07:09 AM
Good candidate for the darwin award.

Alexlind123
02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
faces 2 to 6 years in prison?

wtf
Yea thats pretty stupid, even though what he was doing was illegal and very very stupid, he still didnt hurt anyone or damage or endanger anyone elses property.

Incantation
02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
seriously.. if they hit him with a penalty like that whoever makes the decision will need to have their head given a shake. what a waste of taxpayer's money housing a dude for two years when he can be out earning a living and keeping his family off welfare

if anything they should just put him in a pit and have people yell "you are an idiot" for two hours or something

mikell
02-08-2006, 04:11 PM
What an idiot. And what a funny photo of the car. I'd love to know what the wife had to say as they sat in the car right after the explosion. Turn the guy loose and he'll probably blow himself up in a week or two anyway.

BMWDriver
02-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Reminds me of an incident (Darwinian Awards also) where this couple wanted to see what a stick of dynamite would do thrown out of the car, ignited, on an expressway. Stupids forgot to roll down the window first, unless they wanted to avoid extinguishing the match's or lighter's igniting flame. I can't remember how it went exactly, but anyways, the ignited stick of dynamite wound up behind them in the car and exploded.