PDA

View Full Version : OT: Brita Filtering Alcohol

Qube
02-07-2006, 03:04 PM
I debated a bit whether to post this here...

Well I was working hard, when I 'accidentally' came across this website: http://www.ohmygoditburns.com/

I'm not going to put details, but let you find out yourself.

Yes, this is age old 'news' but for some like me... the thought never crossed my mind.

I'm going to try some triple filtered Havana Club tonight :)

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!

Jay 535i
02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
What does it do, exactly?

AFAIK, a Brita is just a simple carbon filter. Quality vodka is already carbon filtered several times before it's bottled, so what would this accomplish?

632 Regal
02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
something to talk about while getting shitfaced?

AFAIK, a Brita is just a simple carbon filter. Quality vodka is already carbon filtered several times before it's bottled, so what would this accomplish?

632 Regal
02-07-2006, 03:26 PM
quote:
"The only concern I would have is whether the alcohol with break down the ion exchange resin (or perhaps it is a chelating resin) that the Brita uses to capture the heavy metals. (Resin in this case refers to small polycarbonate beads, similar to what is used in a water softener.)"

ryan roopnarine
02-07-2006, 03:34 PM
all the britta does is pull the "gross" (in the vein of large, excess) nastiness out of spirits. good stuff won't improve by using it. it will, however, make nasty vodka a good deal more drinkable. any liquor, if put into the brita enough, will become tasteless after enough passes through it, making a nice, unobjectionable drinkable spirit.

angrypancake
02-07-2006, 03:42 PM
hmmm, so that $6.99 handle of vodka in the plastic bottle might actually be drinkable now?

DaCan23
02-07-2006, 03:45 PM
This was done on the chittyest vodka... not good stuff

Jay 535i
02-07-2006, 05:19 PM
This was done on the chittyest vodka... not good stuff

Oh, alright.

It is mostly the filtering that seperates good vodka from bad, so maybe there's something to this...