PDA

View Full Version : What brand of Brake Pad and Rotor?

Akhil
02-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey guys,

Now, it time for me to replace my front brake pad, rear break pad and front rotor. Just wanted to check with guys before placing my order, WHat brand or Pad and Rotor should I buy?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Akhil

mholbrook
02-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I like ATE Power Slots for Rotors and Mintex Red Box for pads. Great for street use but the pads are not good enough for track use. OK for autocross.
Available at BMA and I think their link is www.bmaparts.com

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
02-06-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm close to needing brakes too and am considering Satisfied Pro Ceramics for the M5. Probably an aftermarket rotor as well since OE is a bit pricy.

www.satisfiedbrake.com

I had excellent results on my '88 325 a few years back just with Satisfied's basic parts and Aimco rotors. Quiet and strong with little to no dust. ATE Power Disc is a good choice.

Akhil
02-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I am wondering, what brand is the OEM pad and rotor? Is is avaiable with BMA Parts? I believe that ATE is after marker, right? But I heard good thing about it. Do you guys have any experiance with ATE pad and rotor?

Thanks
Akhil

Russell
02-06-2006, 12:31 PM
I bought ATE OE style rotors from BMA and used Raybestos QS ceramic pad. Rotors are fine. Pads seemed to take a while to bed as I did not really bed them in. They seem fine now after 4,000 miles. BTW, no dust or noise.

I am wondering, what brand is the OEM pad and rotor? Is is avaiable with BMA Parts? I believe that ATE is after marker, right? But I heard good thing about it. Do you guys have any experiance with ATE pad and rotor?

Thanks
Akhil

Phatty5BMW
02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm going to be doing my rear rotors/pads was wondering the same question. Thanks :)

DaCan23
02-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Last year after I saw the show on Speed, where they profiled the Satisfied brake factory I said I would use them for my next job. The also mfg a lot of companys that rebrand their product. I was very impressed with what I saw on the show.

I'm close to needing brakes too and am considering Satisfied Pro Ceramics for the M5. Probably an aftermarket rotor as well since OE is a bit pricy.

www.satisfiedbrake.com (http://www.satisfiedbrake.com)

I had excellent results on my '88 325 a few years back just with Satisfied's basic parts and Aimco rotors. Quiet and strong with little to no dust. ATE Power Disc is a good choice.

Brandon J
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM
This has been discussed many many times. Please do a search or check the archives.

permit
02-06-2006, 02:19 PM
EBC GreenStuff = gnarly

Tiger
02-06-2006, 02:29 PM
OE is Baloo rotors and Jurid pads...

I like ATE Powerdisc rotors... my preference for pads is Axxis MetalMaster.

PBR is NOT Axxis... PBR Ultimate is very dusty pad.

I'd probably go for Bosch Ceramic pads if it were me.

For cheap good OE performance pads... Autozone Gold Pads... BillR prefers this.

Akhil
02-06-2006, 02:29 PM
sent an email to BMA for price quote (since their web site is down) for ATE brand rotor and pad.

Thanks for all your response.

Akhil

Cambridge
02-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Here are the parts and procedure pad and rotor replacement (http://www.bmw-540i.com/1995-540i-brake-pad-rotor-replacement/index.php)