PDA

View Full Version : 95 525i M50 fuel pump in emergency shut off? HELP

tgrandahl
02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey,
So i drive my car to work this morning, then a friend drove it to lunch, then four hours later i go to drive home (on time for once), crank but no start. After trying to start about 10 times i started looking around for anything strange. I had plenty of fuel and all fuses were good, i did notice that i wasnt hearing the annoying merrrraaaaw merrrrawww mmrmmrmrmm that i can usually here on my ignition circuit. I have always assumed this was my fuel pump and it fit the description of the problem, so in the rain in a parking lot i pull out my trusty multimeter and look at the current draw across the fuel pump fuse, 0.0A.

So now i look for power to the fuse on both rails i find nothing. In a desperate attempt to get home or at least out the rain i ran a jumper from the load side of its neighbor fuse to the batt side of the fuel pump one.

So this get me back to, key in, annoying merrrraaaaw merrrrawww mmrmmrmrmm, crank, vroom, hooray, but why? I i know that some cars sense when they crash or roll and will emergency cut the power to the pump and other things. But wouldn’t this happen after the fuse and why would it happen sitting on a hill in a parking lot? I did however hit some ice and slide off the road two weeks ago. The car obviously notice because it shut itself off and put my hazard lights on(i thought that was pretty cool). Does anyone have anyideas how i can reset this if it is the problem, why would this happen two weeks later. If i roll over some day and start burning i dont want to have to wait two weeks for it so shut off... Any other ideas?

tgrandahl
02-05-2006, 01:11 AM
bump