PDA

View Full Version : s/s cup holder

stx133
02-04-2006, 03:56 AM
what does evry1 think of this; prototype 1. will shorten it a little this week as you cannot open the ash tray fully. does not effect the shifter but i am going to look at turning it 180 deg or a pistol gripper and putting a second holder in line,

when i get finished, i will take orders if anyone wants. i know not having a cup holder has given me the sh1ts for 12 months. now a solluion is at hand.:D

wingman
02-04-2006, 04:40 AM
I'm not a fan of the non-slip mat. The holder is a good idea but I'd prefer it in black anodized (or similar) to take away from the 'industrial' look.

onewhippedpuppy
02-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Creative solution, I think I would rather see it integrated in a bit more smoothly. I've always wanted to try to design something in the center pocket, but never messed with it. Maybe with an armrest that folded over the cupholder when not in use. My A4 had a similar setup.

Alexlind123
02-04-2006, 11:03 AM
It looks nice, and functional. I was envisioning something like that cupholders BMW sells but machined out of a solid block of s/s rather than plastic.

Russell
02-04-2006, 11:36 AM
The design would need to be different. Like the idea.

My solution has been to use the black plastic BMW cup holder that fits on the right side of the console. I hold it in place with doublestick tape. However, it only works well with can size drinks. larger bottles will not fit.

what does evry1 think of this; prototype 1. will shorten it a little this week as you cannot open the ash tray fully. does not effect the shifter but i am going to look at turning it 180 deg or a pistol gripper and putting a second holder in line,

when i get finished, i will take orders if anyone wants. i know not having a cup holder has given me the sh1ts for 12 months. now a solluion is at hand.:D

Alexlind123
02-04-2006, 12:27 PM
The design would need to be different. Like the idea.

My solution has been to use the black plastic BMW cup holder that fits on the right side of the console. I hold it in place with doublestick tape. However, it only works well with can size drinks. larger bottles will not fit.

He does have traciton control.

Russell
02-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Mine is on the left in US models. So I did not look on the right side. Sorry

He does have traciton control.

Booster
02-04-2006, 01:05 PM
How often do we ever really shift gears down into lower gears ? Rarely in my book ,if ever.
Why not utilize the space at the rear of the gate for twin holders ? They would be easier to reach and drive too.( would work for LHD and RHD )
Just a thought.................Vinny:)

Derek A.
02-04-2006, 01:59 PM
This is what I use - its fantastic, no permamant and really works. There is a version that I got that stick into the side of the console for the e34. If enough people are intersested - could probably swing a group buy.

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/images/e38-pass-320-ds.jpg

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/index.html

hakwuzhere
02-04-2006, 02:00 PM
What about the same type of cup holder that the E36's have in the center consol... I was planning on getting an extra centerconsol for my NAV modifications in the ashtray area, so I was planning on cutting out the center pocket and turning it into a cupholder.