PDA

View Full Version : Different Threading?

Triton540i
03-14-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm having troubles understanding why the way this forum threads it's responses differently from when you sign in versus not signing in? I like the way the threads are when you don't sign in because you can just scroll down and read them all instead of clicking on every response to the first question. What does everybody else think about this?
-Eric :)

DueyT
03-14-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm having troubles understanding why the way this forum threads it's responses differently from when you sign in versus not signing in? I like the way the threads are when you don't sign in because you can just scroll down and read them all instead of clicking on every response to the first question. What does everybody else think about this?
Eric, what thread option do you have selected under your user profile? I like "Threaded - Oldest first" since that gives me the most feel of the old board. I tried Hybrid for a bit but switched to threaded-oldest and never looked back. IIRC, Threaded (newest/oldest, can't remember) is the guest/unlogged default but Ed or Ilya could confirm that with you.

Cheers,
Duey

JonE
03-15-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm with you Eric, I just changed my user profile for threading to linnear, newest first and set for about 20 post/page. Now it is like the unlogged in version.
Jon

632 Regal
03-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Eric, what thread option do you have selected under your user profile? I like "Threaded - Oldest first" since that gives me the most feel of the old board. I tried Hybrid for a bit but switched to threaded-oldest and never looked back. IIRC, Threaded (newest/oldest, can't remember) is the guest/unlogged default but Ed or Ilya could confirm that with you.

Cheers,
Duey

DueyT
03-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Duey, you mean linear/oldest first?
Yup Jeff, I must be getting dislexic or something...I was thinking threaded and the brain cells burped out my fingers. *sigh* Must be getting old.:D

Cheers,
Duey

632 Regal
03-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Thats what I have been using and tried the others...thought I was missin out on something.

Jeff