PDA

View Full Version : The burning technical question of the week....

JR'Z 525
03-14-2004, 05:33 PM
I recovered my rear speaker deck this past weekend (no it didn't come out as good as I hoped so I won't be posting a pic) and wondered just what is the little black triangular plastic scoop looking thingy in the center of the deck for?
I almost didn't re-install it.
JR

Marshy
03-14-2004, 05:39 PM
It's to hold the centre lap belt in place when it's not in use (which is most of the time, I guess). Just plug the metal latch in, and adjust to length. Very neat.

JR'Z 525
03-14-2004, 07:10 PM
My middle belt is hidden by the layers of towels covering the rear seat from my two sweet little cookie crunchers. Maybe one day I'll get to latch the belt into the holder!
JR :D

jplacson
03-14-2004, 11:56 PM
I just stuffed my center belt under the rear seat (besides, I don't have the center seatbelt latch on the opposite side)... now my car is good for 4... hehehe, I keep the center armrest down most of the time even without passengers since my sub is in the ski-bag hole.

John 535is (Sydney)
03-14-2004, 11:58 PM
yep- and once they discover it the belt will be out every time they get out of the car. Seems they can't help but pull it loose from the holder. Bit like when they discover the centre armrest comes down, and the piece of upholstery can be dragged out. But what would you do without them ! (retorical question - don't answer or it becomes too depressing)

Enjoy

John