PDA

View Full Version : OBC stalk issue

bimmerd00d
03-14-2004, 02:35 PM
My OBC function on the instrument cluster is not cycling through the functions anymore. The warning messages work fine, the lights are good. I attempted to hold it so i can reprogram, but that is not working. I think that the stalk is not communicating to the display. Where is the connection that might be broken? It happened not long after i installed my Nakamichi CD player, so i'm guessing it was a goof by me, but i'm not sure what to look for in order to fix it!!!

Jon K
03-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Sounds silly.... does your cruise control work. I know that for a while my cruise contorl didnt work and I couldn't figure out why... low and behold the dreaed BRAKE LT CIRCUIT

bimmerd00d
03-14-2004, 04:29 PM
yeah it works fine. I've had that problem before, removed and re-seated my OBC, and it worked fine after that.

shoptb
03-30-2004, 02:47 PM
I had the same problem with not seeing OBC data on my central display (check control) from the stalk, and it turns out that my problem was due to my disconnecting the stock BMW cell phone that was in the car, which must have opened up an electrical loop, causing the issue. So I reconnected the BMW phone, and OBC data transfers just fine. Hmmmm......

bimmerd00d
03-30-2004, 09:01 PM
I had the same problem with not seeing OBC data on my central display (check control) from the stalk, and it turns out that my problem was due to my disconnecting the stock BMW cell phone that was in the car, which must have opened up an electrical loop, causing the issue. So I reconnected the BMW phone, and OBC data transfers just fine. Hmmmm......

well, this would make sense considering i wired my cell phone mute to perform another function, turning my subwoofer amp off.

Tiger
03-30-2004, 09:13 PM
That's easy fix... it is under your center console where you parking brake is... once you lift that console off... you can see a wire plug there... three wires on a plug... all you have to do is connect the outer two together with a wire or splice... and that stalk will work again.