PDA

View Full Version : ::.. In-dash navigation with RED facia and lights?

Qube
01-31-2006, 11:50 PM
::.. In-dash navigation with RED facia and lights?

Yep. That is a question. Are there any decent in-dash nav units with red lights? I know of only one Pioneer unit that goes for ~$1999... and I've never seen it again :( Hurry hurry hurry! I'm going to get married soon and be under the microscopic budget!

EDIT: Found one... $900 USD on eBay... Kenwood... Apparently the secondary dot-matrix display can be set to red. Still looking!

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2005/113/h113817dvd-f.jpeg

Jay 535i
02-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Are there any decent in-dash nav units with red lights?

Qube, I'm seriously interested in getting a quality satnav system myself, and in my exhaustive research I've determined that there are no decent in-dash units -- period.

That's my opinion. I'll explain more if you want.

Qube
02-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Qube, I'm seriously interested in getting a quality satnav system myself, and in my exhaustive research I've determined that there are no decent in-dash units -- period.

That's my opinion. I'll explain more if you want.

Really? This Kenwood seems okay. My main wish is a touchscreen, second to good northamerica maps. I'm using the StreetPilot C320 now and it's great. I took it on a trip to Cleveland two weeks ago.

liquidtiger720
02-01-2006, 12:51 AM
ooo!

i need more maps. hehehe.

Qube
02-01-2006, 12:53 AM
ooo!

i need more maps. hehehe.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting! Grrrrrr

Jay 535i
02-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Really? This Kenwood seems okay. My main wish is a touchscreen, second to good northamerica maps. I'm using the StreetPilot C320 now and it's great. I took it on a trip to Cleveland two weeks ago.

Exactly my point. The Streepilot rocks, as do all the Garmin products. I wouldn't buy anything else. And Garmin doesn't make an in-dash unit.

If you've used and like the Garmin unit, I think you'll be disappointed with something else. Garmin has the competition beat hands down in usability and the quality/accuracy/detail of its maps.

Here're the Pioneer ones you're talking about, but they're not any better:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/mec/category/two/0,,2076_3149,00.html

I'd stick with Garmin myself.

liquidtiger720
02-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Magellen has some awsome products too.

It's not as good as garmin- because of the lack of options...but for the everyday consumer, they are super easy to use. I myself have a roadmate 700.