PDA

View Full Version : Eibach/Koni's

Ted K
01-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Eibach/koni
Should have them by the end of the week. Going with the 3mm upper spring pads for a little more drop. What should I set the front and rear koni too?

Anton CH.
01-31-2006, 11:01 PM
I have mine set to 3/4-1 (can't remember exactly) turn from full hard both front and rear w/ HR. Gives a nice firm feel. At full firm the wheels didn't follow the road as well. After 3k miles Konis do soften up, at least according to my passengers.

Maximabello
01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
I agree, have mine 3/4 also. Koni/H&R

BigKriss
01-31-2006, 11:47 PM
"Koni's are supplied with the adjuster at full soft, as this is the recommended setting for the particular vehicle that is to be fitted with Koni's. The adjuster is primarily a wear compensation device, and should be used only when necessary. Do not overadjust." Source (http://www.toperformance.com.au/tech_fs.html)

Intersting I have H&R springs also. I only run at full soft and can't work out why other members on here wouldn't do so otherwise. After 12,000 miles, I haven't felt any softening up yet and I would assume that there is something wrong with your shocks if they begin to soften up after 3,000 miles.

Maximabello
02-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Wow. Didn't know about that.

I haven't noticed any softening, but I do like how it rides/handles with them turned up. I did drove with them at full soft for a while.

"Koni's are supplied with the adjuster at full soft, as this is the recommended setting for the particular vehicle that is to be fitted with Koni's. The adjuster is primarily a wear compensation device, and should be used only when necessary. Do not overadjust." Source (http://www.toperformance.com.au/tech_fs.html)

Intersting I have H&R springs also. I only run at full soft and can't work out why other members on here wouldn't do so otherwise. After 12,000 miles, I haven't felt any softening up yet and I would assume that there is something wrong with your shocks if they begin to soften up after 3,000 miles.

Ted K
02-01-2006, 12:55 AM
So what size tires are all you running? I have 235/35/17 front and 255/40/17 rear on t-stars.Think i should use the smaller upper spring pads in the front?

BigKriss
02-01-2006, 01:36 AM
225/50/15 front, 225/60/15 rear. Yeah the lower upper spring pad should be good to go, I would run with one on my car, but I didn't know they where available when I got my springs installed. Do you have aftermarket (low) bumpstops?

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
225/50/15 front, 225/60/15 rear. Yeah the lower upper spring pad should be good to go, I would run with one on my car, but I didn't know they where available when I got my springs installed. Do you have aftermarket (low) bumpstops?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/interalian/DSC00344.jpg

632 Regal
02-01-2006, 03:31 PM
before I did the bilsteins them bumpstops bottomed constantly, the ride really sucked. the bilies were better but still bottomed till I cut the internal stops. (we all remeber that scenereo :D)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/interalian/DSC00344.jpg

Anton CH.
02-01-2006, 06:02 PM
All shocks settle in. You probably either haven't noticed it or the sidewall on the 15s eats up all the little bumps. In my opinion extra rebound is good for a stronger spring. Koni's come with a lifetime warranty so if they do wear out a little earlier its not a biggie.

Ted K
02-01-2006, 08:43 PM

No just new ones to cut down as needed. Thanks

Ted K
02-01-2006, 08:45 PM
So would this be the height of both the front and rear?

Ted K
02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
before I did the bilsteins them bumpstops bottomed constantly, the ride really sucked. the bilies were better but still bottomed till I cut the internal stops. (we all remeber that scenereo :D)

So will it say somewhere how much to cut down the bumperstops? Or does this picture show the front and rear heights?

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
02-02-2006, 10:12 AM
So will it say somewhere how much to cut down the bumperstops? Or does this picture show the front and rear heights?

The picture is a bump stop for M5. It is 2.9" long vs 3.5" for the normal part.