PDA

View Full Version : A different kind of lock problem - thanks.

RedRocket
01-31-2006, 03:49 AM
Hey.. never had to post a question before, just always enjoyed reading here. But I bought myself my first BMW convertible. Had bimmers before and convertibles before, just never a BMW ragtop. So now I have a 95 325iC.

So here's my question. I don't like to lock the doors. I'd rather they look around then cut the top and look around, but I want to lock the truck, as that is the only secure place I have to keep things (as well as that's where the CD changer is).

Anyone know if this is possible and/or how to do it?

thanks.

Brett

winfred
01-31-2006, 09:24 AM
deadbolt the trunk lock then unlock the doors, the trunk will stay locked

Hey.. never had to post a question before, just always enjoyed reading here. But I bought myself my first BMW convertible. Had bimmers before and convertibles before, just never a BMW ragtop. So now I have a 95 325iC.

So here's my question. I don't like to lock the doors. I'd rather they look around then cut the top and look around, but I want to lock the truck, as that is the only secure place I have to keep things (as well as that's where the CD changer is).

Anyone know if this is possible and/or how to do it?

thanks.

Brett

RedRocket
01-31-2006, 12:32 PM
thanks... can I ask how I deadbolt the trunk?

winfred
01-31-2006, 01:23 PM
i can't remember the position - or | but you turn the trunk lock and leave it in one or the other position, try one then do the door locks if it unlocks the trunk then try the other position

RedRocket
01-31-2006, 02:36 PM
i can't remember the position - or | but you turn the trunk lock and leave it in one or the other position, try one then do the door locks if it unlocks the trunk then try the other position

got it. thanks. i'm not really as stupid as I sounded.. :)