PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Front Bumper Cover..

an535i
01-29-2006, 12:58 PM

Booster
01-29-2006, 03:20 PM
I wrecked my poor car last night, whacked the fender pretty good and destroyed the front bumper cover.. I'm in desperate need of a friend right about now, if anybody has one of these laying around please email me @ nextmoto@gmail.com

I have a stock E34 black front cover I'd sell ( although I wanted to keep it in case I ever go back stock ).
It isn't perfect, but the flaws are fixable and actually don't show much once fully mounted back up.
.............Vinny

angrypancake
01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
vinny post some pictures of the progress of your car! i wanna see the acs wheels anyways...

Booster
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
vinny post some pictures of the progress of your car! i wanna see the acs wheels anyways...

Hell, All I've managed to do to it this last 6 months is MOVE IT to my new house and out of the wharehouse I lease for my other cars. It did open up some shop space though. SO thats good.I neatly stacked the Schnitzer tires and wheels next to it ( Speedline 5-spokes still on it) and then gently set the ACS deck/boot spoiler on the lid. Then rumaged through all the other bolt-on goodies for the turbo project.
Lets face it........I've got some work ahead of me :(
I'm suffering from the "TIME THIEF" real bad !!
..........Vinny

an535i
02-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the offer really!! I got lucky and found one locally so no worries! I am having some trouble identifying the mounting brackets on the sides of the front bumper.. I used the search function and couldn't really find any threads specific to this part so I figured i would ask in this thread and hope somebody reads!

http://quest-motors.com/images/P1010060.JPG

The part number I do know is for the piece that slides onto the cars unibody :
51 11 1 944 551 .. the large bracket shown in picture

http://quest-motors.com/images/P1010059.JPG

But there is a threaded piece, a gasket and a screw shown in the manual which are used for adjusting the bumper on either side. Any help with the part numbers on this stuff?? Apparently this is such an "old school" bmw that the dealership wasn't much help and their etk picture didn't even show it.
Any help is greatly appreciated!! Cheers Aaron

http://quest-motors.com/images/P1010058.JPG

an535i
02-02-2006, 12:55 AM
did some more searching and no luck.. bump dizzle for shizzle

632 Regal
02-02-2006, 02:50 AM
I know im no help in my drunkin stste but did you surf the www.realoem.com site? soorry but id cause more problems thnan good right now.

skr
02-02-2006, 05:38 AM
1. put the bumper on the car taking care that the big plastic thing slides on the rails on the car. the roundish cilinderish part of it is supposed to go in the hole in the bumper (on the side). the same on the other side.
2. look through the hole in the side. u should see the above mentioned "roundish cilinderish" tip of the big part that slides. take a screwdriver and stick it in the hole. move it till it's centerd in the big hole.
3. take that screw part. clean it up. it is suposed to fit in the bumper hole and the tip of the big part needs to go inside the hole in the middle of the screw part.
4.find a way to screw it in. it has four little groves and u can use many things to turn it. just don't hit it. IT BREAKS EASILY. after it's at the same level as the rest of the bumper, take that plug thing, push it in and while holding it pushed turn with a wide screwdriver. it only turns half a turn.

if it doesn't sit level with the rest of the car adjust by turning the screw tipe thing. NEVER ADJUST THE SCREW DITH THE PLUG IN IT. COZ IT'S GONNA BREAK.

hope this helps you in your bumper adjusting adventure :)

dacoyote
02-02-2006, 08:03 AM
I know im no help in my drunkin stste but did you surf the www.realoem.com site? soorry but id cause more problems thnan good right now.

Jeff.... wow....