PDA

View Full Version : Green thrust arm bushings?

onewhippedpuppy
01-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Anybody know what they would be? My car has a patchy history, so I don't have a clue. Also found out that it has aluminum lower control arms on it, bonus, just so they're good ones.

bfd
01-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Anybody know what they would be? My car has a patchy history, so I don't have a clue. Also found out that it has aluminum lower control arms on it, bonus, just so they're good ones.

If you're talking about the upper control arm bushing, then the *correct* upgrade should be a Boge 750i bushing with the GREEN insert! Should look like this one:

http://www.ultimategarage.com/thrustarmse34.jpg

onewhippedpuppy
01-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks! I checked some of the online catalogs, and all the bushings they showed were black, so I wasn't sure.

Alexlind123
01-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Yep, those are the same 750 bushings that are on my thrust arms.

Kobe Diesel
01-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Have the same green bushings

genphreak
01-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Have the same green bushingsTHing is, the cheap arms from eBay have green bushings too. Who knows if they are '750 spec' or not? Would like to know, I have them in my car (but don't trust 'em). MY arms were made in Belgium.

Kobe Diesel
01-29-2006, 05:06 PM
will see how long they last

kyleN20
01-29-2006, 05:53 PM
mine are green, and in desprate need of replacement!! if there not lemfoder, dont trust em

bfd
01-29-2006, 06:00 PM
mine are green, and in desprate need of replacement!! if there not lemfoder, dont trust em

Actually, what you want are lemforder control ARMS and BOGE 750i bushings (the ones with the green insert). Alternatively, some have said that the E34 M5 bushing is even better (stiffer?).

BMA sells the lemorder control arm with Boge 750i bushing pressed in for $105 each; add $30 or so if you want to substitute the M5 bushing!

Kobe Diesel
01-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Actually, what you want are lemforder control ARMS and BOGE 750i bushings (the ones with the green insert). Alternatively, some have said that the E34 M5 bushing is even better (stiffer?).

BMA sells the lemorder control arm with Boge 750i bushing pressed in for $105 each; add $30 or so if you want to substitute the M5 bushing!

$105 each is a good price.

genphreak
01-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Actually, what you want are lemforder control ARMS and BOGE 750i bushings (the ones with the green insert). Alternatively, some have said that the E34 M5 bushing is even better (stiffer?). I think all the bushings BMW uses are BOGE. Its the same company (TRW own ZF, Sashs, BOGE, etc. it has bought up all the component manufacturers - tryig to get in before Delphi hits Europe all cashed up after ripping off GM - (only a guess...)) Who knows where the cheap arse parts crowds source em... China? Sheeeyat. A Chinese BM, what future is there for us all?? I bought a Lemfoerder centre-rod at twice the price of a bodgey euro equiv. They sent me a TRW one, but they own Lem so what could I do. We'll have to see how long it lasts...

Bill R.
01-29-2006, 10:53 PM
zf , sachs/boge etc. I've done a fair amount of searching on trw and zf 's websites and find nothing to indicate that trw owns any of them. ZF is still pretty much owned by the town as near as i can find. ZF was founded in 1915 by Ferdinand Von Zeppelin (Yes, that Zeppelin) and the Zeppelin Stiftung foundation which is pretty much controlled by the town of Friedrichshafen owns the company.

I think all the bushings BMW uses are BOGE. Its the same company (TRW own ZF, Sashs, BOGE, etc. it has bought up all the component manufacturers - tryig to get in before Delphi hits Europe all cashed up after ripping off GM - (only a guess...)) Who knows where the cheap arse parts crowds source em... China? Sheeeyat. A Chinese BM, what future is there for us all?? I bought a Lemfoerder centre-rod at twice the price of a bodgey euro equiv. They sent me a TRW one, but they own Lem so what could I do. We'll have to see how long it lasts...

genphreak
01-30-2006, 04:56 PM
zf , sachs/boge etc. I've done a fair amount of searching on trw and zf 's websites and find nothing to indicate that trw owns any of them. ZF is still pretty much owned by the town as near as i can find. ZF was founded in 1915 by Ferdinand Von Zeppelin (Yes, that Zeppelin) and the Zeppelin Stiftung foundation which is pretty much controlled by the town of Friedrichshafen owns the company.Indeed Bill thanks for letting me know. I guess someone in the US is substituting TRW for Lemfoerder! Ouch, I paid double for TRW over a Euro OEM replacement. Ths same thing happened to Whit recently too.

Makes for good surfing though, ZF is a very interesting company with an extraordinarily good set of websites (http://www.zf-trading.de/owx_4_29747_2_0_0_00000000000000.html?a=)- all in different languages and you have to LOVE the catalogue they have (http://www.zf-trading.de/owx_4_29747_2_0_0_00000000000000.html?a=) (as Erich posted about recently), who else does such an awesome job as a lowly parts supplier -let alone car manufacturer- with this? They really are into it in what they do. Major race team support, cross-team parts development in all the major motorsports, presenses all over the world. Looks like a great company, seriously its controlled by the town Friedrichshafen? That's awesome!!!

kyleN20
01-30-2006, 05:24 PM
id like a link of here i can get them for 105, i need to get a set and thats a great price.

genphreak
01-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Tried to post parts list of what they have available for the e34- but they make it quite specifric to the model and year you have :)

Over 185 parts for my car alone; all with web-links, decriptions, details and all up to date with availability status. SWEEEET!

I'd post it here but its too hard- 200KB file as a simple pdf or in html.

HTML tables don't seem to be supported by vBulletin's editor... so you'll have to search for your car at that link yourself if you are interested. :) Nick