PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaaaaack with 92 535i 5-speed manual

mholbrook
01-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, after almost a year without BMW, today I bought a decent 1992 535i 5-speed with 124k on it. Granitesilber with grey leather, two sets of wheels, stock 15" with near new Michelins and steel 15" with new Blizzaks. Sort of need those up here in Idaho in the winter. The car came with records going to day one and lots of Mobile 1 and BMW synth oil changes. New clutch and most of the suspension work done. Probably be doing the suspension over again in the future as I like my E34's low with 17" M5 wheels.....have to find the wheels....again!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and glad to be back in the fold.

Mike Holbrook
Meridian, ID

632 Regal
01-26-2006, 10:19 PM
at least you didnt leave us when you were shopping. AND you know better than to not post pictures!!! Get em up here.

Kalevera
01-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Always knew you couldn't stay away, and you probably got it for like...$200, right!? :D

I guess this one is an upgrade as it has a microfilter, huh.

best, whit

Gayle
01-27-2006, 01:05 AM
So you have taken the first step--gotten another e34. Now when you coming back to San Diego?

Robin-535im
01-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Hey Mike - Welcome Back!

Yes.. GranitSilber... Immortalized for me by R. Keiffer's autumn pic complete with style 5's. My 1991 was that color.

Sounds like you found a good one. It's hard to stop looking at them, isn't it? Once you become an expert in them, you can't pass one up without a double take.

How do you like the new home? I imagine January in Idaho could make a person really miss Southern California... :)

- Robin

632 Regal
01-27-2006, 01:35 AM
at least potatos are plentiful! :D
Hey Mike - Welcome Back!

Yes.. GranitSilber... Immortalized for me by R. Keiffer's autumn pic complete with style 5's. My 1991 was that color.

Sounds like you found a good one. It's hard to stop looking at them, isn't it? Once you become an expert in them, you can't pass one up without a double take.

How do you like the new home? I imagine January in Idaho could make a person really miss Southern California... :)

- Robin

mholbrook
01-27-2006, 10:25 AM
I like Idaho fine. Sold our house in San Diego for a lot and bought a brand new home here in Meridian for about 1/2 of what I sold the old one for.

The weather is a little colder....about 30 degrees this AM but it is really a great place to live. Don't miss much about SoCal to tell the truth.

Paid $5300 for the car including tax etc. Has 124k on it and is decent but not up to my standards yet. You know I'll get it there by summer for sure. One thing it has that is unusual is a GLASS SUNROOF. Never seen one before on these "older" cars.

Highly recommend Idaho. Plenty of spuds and great people too.

Mike

Jr ///M5
01-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Glad to have you back in a bimmer Mike! Now that you've had a chance to settle in, how do you like the roads up there? There should be some nice twisties to enjoy, no?

Like Jeff says, we will expect pictures soon of your "new" ride...

Congratulations, and we're proud to have you back!

Jr