PDA

View Full Version : Are e34 seats supposed to lean in???

madmaxdvl
01-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Morning all...

Just noticed something on my '92 525i... I've only driven it a few times since picking it up in early December due to radiator trouble.... but now I find that both my front seats lean inwards a bit... is that normal.

Forgive the stupid question, but there aren't any other e34s up here in No. AZ (that I've seen) to which I can compare mine.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

JD525IA
01-25-2006, 10:27 AM
the seatback is twisted a bit? If so, its not too hard to fix with the proper tools.

Where in Northern AZ are you talking about? Flaggstaff or closer to Utah?

I'm in Phoenix and could help if needed.

JD

madmaxdvl
01-25-2006, 11:15 AM
JD... I'm in Prescott... but...

When viewed from the front or back, through the window, the seats seem to go like this (not as drastic, but hey, it's a keyboard):

/ \

Haven't noticed any twisting, but I'll look more closely when I get home tonight...

How would I tell?

632 Regal
01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
seat bottoms are twisted...do a search for twisted seats. see my sticky post for the "real" search tool.

JD525IA
01-25-2006, 12:13 PM
when viewed from the back window (standing right behind the trunk) because it is. I have fixed both seat cables before but the right one must have slipped a little and needs adjusting again.

I actually took the seats out and used a tape measure, doing a diagonal measurement from the seatback top to the seat front, to ensure it was squared up (equal measurements on both sides). Sometimes just eyeballing seems ok but when you put the seat back in it just doesnt' look right. That's why I did the measuring.

I'm in Anthem (60 min. away) if you want help.

JD

KB535i
01-25-2006, 12:26 PM
My driver seat was twisted. My right shoulder was back further than my left, in a big way. I had the dealer fix it when it was in for other repairs. But Ive heard its common on these cars.

632 Regal
01-25-2006, 12:55 PM
dealer invoice for seat fix from previous owner was over $500.00...expensive hose clamps I guess.
My driver seat was twisted. My right shoulder was back further than my left, in a big way. I had the dealer fix it when it was in for other repairs. But Ive heard its common on these cars.