PDA

View Full Version : WTF? add 20hp!!!!! ya right!

SharkmanBMW
01-24-2006, 11:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4607434334

genphreak
01-24-2006, 11:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4607434334

WTF? Is the insulaton not a pair of plastic straws?

Hell, its better than some, at least they give you a hose clamp so you can secure your O2 sensor wires to the header pipe! :D Now how does it go, Free Enterprise creates such things (as well as corruption and other tradgedies), regulation follows destroying all creativity and totalitarian dictators take over so the corruption can continue? Is eBay just predicting the end of democracy as we know it?

Gayle
01-25-2006, 12:03 AM
This is like shopping day. Every other thread is a link to ebay.

McWatters
01-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Their Diagrams are well illustrated i might buy it........

cheers

J.McWatters

genphreak
01-25-2006, 12:10 AM
This is like shopping day. Every other thread is a link to ebay.Its about time eBay sponsored bimmer.info me thinks...

KB535i
01-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Im gonna get 2......lets see, thats 40 HP gain right?

632 Regal
01-25-2006, 01:12 AM
i know one side goes into the hole in the fuffler, does the other end go to the fuel sending unit in the tank or the distributer cap? I'm just wondering cause I ordered a few and want to be ready to install when i get them (im so excited!!!)
Oh does anyone know if the car is supposed to be hot and running when you do the install?

romeox929
01-25-2006, 02:29 AM
make sure you torque it to 400 ft.lbs.

genphreak
01-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Make sure you torque it to 400 ft.lbs.Isn't it 300 ft-loombs? A mate of mine that knows all about cars told me to that torquing bolts to more than 300 feetloombs does not improve performance much and may strip the thing out from the solid 0.9mm thick flange one has to make in the exhaust if installing it for maximum performance return! :D

632 Regal
01-25-2006, 04:08 AM
you guys are treating me like a nube and I do know how to wrench! I askes a few simple questions and you hijack the thread and turn it into political science.

I would "appreciate" a legitimate response from maybe another *knowledgeable* member that has done this before and might have actual REAL experience on the matter.

As for the rest of you go to another forum!

( I hate being a nube)

:D :D :D

bahnstormer
01-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Installation: easy with twistlocks

heheheh

DanDombrowski
01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Jeff,

I installed these myself and made a writeup in case some other noob came along and tried the install.

First, you're going to want to take the blue cube and put it in the square hole in the wooden block they've provided. It may be a snug fit, you'll have to hit it a few times. Next, take the red, round peg and put it in the round hole. Warning: Don't try to put the blue plastic cube in the round hole. The round hole is for the round peg. Next, take provided blue plastic wrench and torque to .5 lb-ft, or until plastic breaks. Alternatively, you can just take the plastic wrench and bang on the apparatus as I've seen many mechanics at discount tire places do.

Hope this helps. Be sure to reset the computer when you're done, and try to keep it under the speed limit with your new mod.

SRR2
01-25-2006, 11:19 AM
You got that right. I read and occasionally post on a Porsche board that is similar in some ways to this one. The owner/operator has completely banned any mention of ebay. Post a link to ebay and you get a warning, another one gets you banned. The board is a lot cleaner without ebay. The policy has the side effect of cutting way down on other commercial posts and inappropriate for-sale posts. I'd like to see this board do the same thing. I don't see the value in providing free advertising for ebay crap-sellers.

mikell
01-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Awright!! Add this to the fuel line magnets, turbonator, electric hairdryer turbo, and what else? By the time we get through, we'll all be running 1000HP and getting 100 mpg.

632 Regal
01-25-2006, 11:38 AM
god this is soo confusing...I think ill just take it to the dealer and pay him in chickens.
Jeff,

I installed these myself and made a writeup in case some other noob came along and tried the install.

First, you're going to want to take the blue cube and put it in the square hole in the wooden block they've provided. It may be a snug fit, you'll have to hit it a few times. Next, take the red, round peg and put it in the round hole. Warning: Don't try to put the blue plastic cube in the round hole. The round hole is for the round peg. Next, take provided blue plastic wrench and torque to .5 lb-ft, or until plastic breaks. Alternatively, you can just take the plastic wrench and bang on the apparatus as I've seen many mechanics at discount tire places do.

Hope this helps. Be sure to reset the computer when you're done, and try to keep it under the speed limit with your new mod.

DanH
01-25-2006, 01:54 PM
"...We can only feel a refreshed engine, dynamic acceleration without terrible flat pots."

Finally, something to fix it!

As a matter of fact I have some chips laying around here, so what I have to do is put one in a can and duct tape it to my oxygen sensor wire. Or would that ruin the performance gain if it wasn't in a shiny can?

DanDombrowski
01-25-2006, 02:21 PM
yes! A refreshed engine! Mine is so tired all the time. I'm like "Hey engine, cmon, I gotta go, and your rent is due man..." and the engine is all like "cmon man, I'm trying to sleep. I'll get the rent next month"

And dynamic acceleration!? I've always wanted that. Since I don't make a lot of money, I've always been stuck with static acceleration.

And don't even get me started on flat pots. They're TERRIBLE.