PDA

View Full Version : whoaa...free Bimmer 330

632 Regal
01-24-2006, 03:49 PM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/127881384.html

angrypancake
01-24-2006, 03:56 PM
uhhhhhh can that be even sketchier? im gonna sign up.

mikell
01-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Somewhere, PT Barnum is smiling. You might as well paint "Villiage Idiot" on your car, too. Be the first one on your block to inspire the snickering of your neighbors.

Springfield1952
01-24-2006, 04:36 PM
It seems like I remember this idea many years ago with VW Beetles. They called them BeetleBoards and for some money you drove around with a Beetle plastered with advertising. For certain people it worked pretty well.

Curt.

Zeuk in Oz
01-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Somewhere, PT Barnum is smiling. You might as well paint "Villiage Idiot" on your car, too. Be the first one on your block to inspire the snickering of your neighbors.
Did someone say Village Idiot ?
They tried this in Sydney a little while ago but they wer driving Smart cars if my memory serves.

rob101
01-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Did someone say Village Idiot ?
They tried this in Sydney a little while ago but they wer driving Smart cars if my memory serves.
yeah, they had those things towing mini-trailers with advertisement boards on them up here. very very strange, yes a smart 2 door towing a trailer. the only thing i've seen with a smart that tops that is the episode of top gear with the comedy handling segment where the smart features showing its creadentials when it comes to going straight when the driver tells it to turn.

i'd gladly be the village idiot if i didn't have to sink money into a car to travel to work and back.

actually i think i may have seen one of these cars, 300C with huge chrome wheels on it and plastered with advertising. most people would probably assume thats your business car....

Qube
01-24-2006, 09:43 PM
From: http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/consumer_watch_list.htm

"Free car" websites

A growing number of scam websites claim "millions" of cars are now available to drivers free of charge. The cars are free because they are wrapped with an advertising banner.

But these scam websites have no cars to give away. The only thing they give consumers is a list of other companies where the consumer can apply for a free car. Most of the companies don't exist or they don't have any advertising cars to give away.

There are some legitimate companies that do offer free cars as part of advertising campaigns. But these companies do not charge an application fee and they tell applicants that thousands of other people are ahead of them in line.

Some of the scam websites include

Freecarsource.com, GetPaidDriving.com, AllFreeCars.com, and AllFreeCars.net. There are many more on the Internet because these scam sites pay people to set up other websites to fool even more consumers.