PDA

View Full Version : White Marks on Black Paint

vaaccess
01-23-2006, 10:02 PM
So, I have a 94 525/5 and it's black. When I got it there were lots of swirl marks and light scratches. So, I clay bar'd the car and then used some scratch out stuff. The haze was removed as were lots of of the swirl marks...HOWEVER...it filled in all the chips and lots of the swirls and now they are white. Looks like crap. Most of the chip marks you can't feel when you run your finger over it, though some do.

So, my question is, what should I do? I'm almost tempted to take it to a body shop and have them do their magic...But, I'd much rather not spend that much money on it, etc.

It's funny...WIth my previous car I used Zaino brothers on it and it was awesome, maybe I'll have to go back to their products...

Thanks.

calmloki
01-23-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm not a detailer, but... on my 'ol Black 533i I've improved its looks quite a bit with a black sharpie for the chips followed by cheap black color wax. It worked for me.
Tom Walrod

632 Regal
01-23-2006, 11:19 PM
white wax on a black car sucks. you should probably strip the old wax off to get rid of the "whities" (no offence my little cracker friends) and use more of a liquid wax that dont dry white.