PDA

View Full Version : another fog light delete question

angrypancake
01-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I remember recently another member (romeox I think) posted a thread about a fog light delete. I was thinking about it, and what do they do? Just slip over the fog lights and cover them up? Or do they actually replace the fogs, in which case wouldn't the sensor go off and create a "f/fog light" in the display? How could I go about elimintating that display?

Jay 535i
01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Why would you want to delete the fog lamps?

Robin-535im
01-23-2006, 07:44 PM
I remember recently another member (romeox I think) posted a thread about a fog light delete. I was thinking about it, and what do they do? Just slip over the fog lights and cover them up? Or do they actually replace the fogs, in which case wouldn't the sensor go off and create a "f/fog light" in the display? How could I go about elimintating that display?
Mine were taken out by the PO for cosmetic reasons I think. No errors in the display, but he told me never to turn the fog light switch on or else it would pop an error. Maybe it doesn't show a fault unless you turn them on?

632 Regal
01-23-2006, 07:48 PM
correct
Maybe it doesn't show a fault unless you turn them on?

winfred
01-23-2006, 09:10 PM
they allways pop a error on me, i clip the wires together with a scotch lock down at the fog light plugs to kill the error and unplug the switch to keep someone from turning it on popping the fuses, this way it's reversable in about 2 minutes if you want fogs again and you don't need to go deep to clear the error by grounding the correct wire (or whatever makes it happy)