PDA

View Full Version : OT: State Police Feeling Their Oats Today...

Derek A.
01-22-2006, 09:06 PM
This afternoon. I am driving hom from northern Michigan on I-75. Right hand lane about 70 (just got McD's). This black Suburban roars past in the left hand lane, figured a good 85-90 mph. He passes an exit where the cops usually sit - and sure as **** there was a Michigan trooper. So this cop is now in pursuit mode . I watchin him coming up on me. The guy has to be going 110 with NO LIGHTS ON !. He tried to pass a car in the left hand land by drivin on the shoulder - be he runs out of road. Guy makes a 3 lane lane change and about slams into another car. This is all without warning flashers on. So the cop finally catches the guy, it occurs to me that this cop caused far greater risk to the people on the freeway than the guy in the Suburban. Do I call Mi State Police? Send a note to the local tv station ? drop it ?

Ideas ?

Derek.-

ryan roopnarine
01-22-2006, 10:01 PM
as someone who has several digital pics of Florida Highway Patrolmen reading clipboards while driving.....I'm not the right person to ask.

you have a life, i don't.
perhaps i don't want to be accused of being a $unt by someone, perhaps i've never thought the possible trouble was worth it. i've never actually called anyone on their crap. but i'm among the people that have the least to lose by doing so.

next time, take pictures.

ryan roopnarine
01-22-2006, 10:20 PM
here's one with the license plate obscured (the vehicle in the LH lane)

http://plaza.ufl.edu/rroopnar/P5020094.JPG

this image was taken by me after i observed the trooper reading a clipboard they were resting against their steering wheel. this is one of the few "instances" where i didn't get a pic of the actual offense, they made a u turn in the "official u turn" cubby in the median. my sister was whining and $hit, i wish i would have gotten it to piss her off.

you live in MI, this is what a FHP cruiser looks like
http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1201/3962347.jpg

later that evening, a jackass in a FHP camaro was doing 63 in the left hand lane in a 70 zone. everyone was acting like a jackass and not passing him. i got up to him, flashed my lights to make sure that he wasn't doing this for a specific reason (rolling roadblock or such), and then passed him at the legal speed on the right. im sure it wasn't the technical "right" manuver for me to do (pass on the right), but his being a dick "under color of authority" and my video evidence keep me pretty safe, methinks.

bahnstormer
01-22-2006, 10:29 PM
awesome!

gotta HATE traffic cops - they are the stupidest and most ego filled on the force

the detectives and stuff are cool they save lives but traffic cops
are just retards

tgrandahl
01-22-2006, 10:37 PM
That does sound wreckless and lazy among other things, i always have wondered how frequently cops cause accidents and what the outcome is. But then again it is getting to the end of the month and mabe he was just trying to fill his quota. I would say mabe call the state otherwise drop it.

~Tyler

632 Regal
01-22-2006, 10:56 PM
dont $uck with the Feds, nothing will happen except trouble for your self. I turned in someone that ran someone over and they didnt even call back let alone do anything ( I called them 3 times, detective didnt even return the call)

Jon K
01-23-2006, 01:05 AM
This afternoon. I am driving hom from northern Michigan on I-75. Right hand lane about 70 (just got McD's). This black Suburban roars past in the left hand lane, figured a good 85-90 mph. He passes an exit where the cops usually sit - and sure as **** there was a Michigan trooper. So this cop is now in pursuit mode . I watchin him coming up on me. The guy has to be going 110 with NO LIGHTS ON !. He tried to pass a car in the left hand land by drivin on the shoulder - be he runs out of road. Guy makes a 3 lane lane change and about slams into another car. This is all without warning flashers on. So the cop finally catches the guy, it occurs to me that this cop caused far greater risk to the people on the freeway than the guy in the Suburban. Do I call Mi State Police? Send a note to the local tv station ? drop it ?

Ideas ?

Derek.-

This is why in many european countries police are encouraged to NOT take part in dangerous pursuits.

wingman
01-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Hi guys!

bjl4776
01-23-2006, 08:02 AM
They are all on a power trip. It sucks most for use teenage drivers. I got pulled over this morning for running a red light. The thing about it was it was snowing and the roads werent plowed. The light turned yellow and i started to slow down, but i skidded into the intersection as it turned red, so i continue to go through instead of backing up. Guy pulled me over, told me it was the most irresponsible thing he's seen, and tells me it is my lucky day because he only gave me a 100 dollar ticket for running the light and not a driving to endanger ticket also. I guess he must be new cause he must of never seen a DUI or excessive speeding, or caught any druggies. And said hes not goin to bothe explaining the appeals process because i had a temp liscence so I must of had tickets before, thats why I just got my liscense back. Even though i just moved to Mass and had to do an out of state conversion. What a dick, and sorry for the rant, just had to vent, works dead and nobody to complain about it hear.

Torque
01-23-2006, 10:52 AM
They are all on a power trip. It sucks most for use teenage drivers. I got pulled over this morning for running a red light. The thing about it was it was snowing and the roads werent plowed. The light turned yellow and i started to slow down, but i skidded into the intersection as it turned red, so i continue to go through instead of backing up. Guy pulled me over, told me it was the most irresponsible thing he's seen, and tells me it is my lucky day because he only gave me a 100 dollar ticket for running the light and not a driving to endanger ticket also. I guess he must be new cause he must of never seen a DUI or excessive speeding, or caught any druggies. And said hes not goin to bothe explaining the appeals process because i had a temp liscence so I must of had tickets before, thats why I just got my liscense back. Even though i just moved to Mass and had to do an out of state conversion. What a dick, and sorry for the rant, just had to vent, works dead and nobody to complain about it hear.Not to sound like a dick, but you deserved it.

It's only a 100 dollar ticket with no points ...

632 Regal
01-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi Wingman :D
Hi guys!

granit_silber
01-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Derek,

That sucks! But I wouldn't file a complaint. You don't have any physical evidence of the infraction (photo/video), I assume. I don't know how if works in MI, but in FL where I grew up to file a complaint you had to fill out a form that listed all your personal info (address, phone, lic #, tag #, etc...).

We had a friend file a complaint and amazingly there was always a police officer in the neighborhood to catch them when they rolled through a stop sign or breathed the wrong way.

Now, if you have video I would make a copy and drop it off at a local T.V. station.
-ashley

mattyb
01-24-2006, 02:29 AM
g,day mate. its gone over their heads i think but i know what u mean. geez couldnt this go a million places, but unfortunately its go staight to the morgue, do not pass go, do not collect etc etc etc

632 Regal
01-24-2006, 04:25 AM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=127494#post127494