PDA

View Full Version : IPOD nano Your BMW

mzarifkar
01-22-2006, 02:18 PM
I wanted to mount my nano somewhere i could acces it while driving and not have to worry about it flying around.

With my nano, i bought an accesorie kit which among other things had this "holder" to which you can attach these special headphones so you can have the lanyard thing going, byt also to the back of the holder there was a belt clip. hope you all have a mental image, if not you can kinda see it on the side of the ipod in the pictures.

I took out my Fog light switch segment, which on my car has a blank switch position next to it. i popped out the blank, inserted the belt clip, then with double sided tape secured it.

Right now my input is using cassete converter, i hif away the cable for that behind the side of the radio console trim.

Does anyone know if our radio's ( i got whatever came stock on a '95)
have an input line i can use (i already have the stock cdchanger attached)?

Jay 535i
01-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Pretty cool!

There are a number of ways to get the iPod to connect to the head unit's CD changer input. Some methods require extra hardware, some not. Also, you may or may not have to sacrifice your changer.

Sorry I don't have more details, but I know it can be done.

mzarifkar
01-23-2006, 05:06 PM
i was looking in bentleys and i get the impression that evything, including cd changer goes in thru one big plug (a 17pin i think)

Incantation
01-23-2006, 05:07 PM
i know it's less than ideal.. but what about running it into an fm modulator?

Jay 535i
01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
i know it's less than ideal.. but what about running it into an fm modulator?

Booooo!

Incantation
01-23-2006, 05:37 PM
well if you're running a stock stereo you probably won't notice the difference anyway.. shrug

Jay 535i
01-23-2006, 06:14 PM
well if you're running a stock stereo you probably won't notice the difference anyway.. shrug

On the contrary. I've tried both.

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Doesn't the speaker mode work through the sound system??

mzarifkar
01-24-2006, 12:37 AM
it does, but also it will automatically mute