PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Lemforder

uscharalph
01-20-2006, 04:20 AM
All parts in the front now have been changed out. All Lemforder - Upper and lower control arms, idler arm, center - left and right tie bars, sway bar bushings and left and right sway bar connecting arms. No more shimmy, even though it was only slight and my how the BMW handles now.

Next will probably be the Sachs Kit or maybe an EAT chip.

Boom n Zoom
01-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Nice job!

Did your car display any other symptoms like following contours in the road and being a bit of a handful to keep straight?

Boom n Zoom

HDhandyman
01-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Ralph,

I'm getting ready to do the same. I wonder if I might ask you the cost of parts, if you did all the work yourself, location of parts procurement, etc..

Glad to hear it's a smooth ride,

Stephen

uscharalph
01-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Ralph,

I'm getting ready to do the same. I wonder if I might ask you the cost of parts, if you did all the work yourself, location of parts procurement, etc..

Glad to hear it's a smooth ride,

Stephen
BMA had the best prices I could find on Lemforder and that was the only brand I trust. Check outh their prices online and add the code 1555 into the discount field. You get free shipping if you order online.

Had I had access to a lift, I would have given it a go myself with my brother. But I had my trusted independant do the quality work.

onewhippedpuppy
01-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Nice, that's just what I need to do.

Bruno
01-20-2006, 12:26 PM
BMA had the best prices I could find on Lemforder and that was the only brand I trust. Check outh their prices online and add the code 1555 into the discount field. You get free shipping if you order online.

Had I had access to a lift, I would have given it a go myself with my brother. But I had my trusted independant do the quality work.

No need for a lift... I do thrust arms and control arms in 2 hours now...
all in the cold floor of my garage..

I do engine swap and clutches... I didn't have a job I couldn't do on my garage floor without a lift... (except subframe mounts... that is too much work)

Super90
01-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Come on now, I did rear subframe bushings without a lift.

gale
01-20-2006, 10:49 PM
OT:

Robert, we must be distant cousins, I have very similar cars in my stable:

'92 735im
'00 Land Cruiser UZJ-100
'58 356A 1600 Super coupe

Cheers!

gale
Albuquerque