PDA

View Full Version : Speaker locations & dismantling for E34

ktteoh
01-19-2006, 07:58 PM
folks, could someone point me the way to instructions/pictures for a step by step dismantling of both the front & rear speakers on a e34.

i plan to replace them by 3 way 5 1/4" speakers (did i get the size right?)

stx133
01-19-2006, 08:27 PM
www.bmwe34.net
rtfm

angrypancake
01-19-2006, 08:37 PM
lol is rtfm a shortened rtfmffs? read the ****ing manual for ****s sake?

dude taking out the speakers is easy. for the rears just pop the panel off, and start unscrewing. for the fronts you just remove the clips in the kick panels 1/2 turn and the panels come out. you don't need a manual or pictures, even if you have no DIY knowledge.

and 3 way's aren't gonna really do anything because they're just gonna be used as woofers in the kick panels. you need a component set. so for a 3 way that will do something, call your girlfriend and get her to bring a friend.

stx133
01-19-2006, 09:40 PM
angry, you need to take a pill and smile a bit more

angrypancake
01-19-2006, 10:41 PM
i'm smiling right now, and it's not cause of any pill. actually it's kind of perma-smile, stoopid looking and wont go away.

i really didnt know what you meant by rtfm though.

uscharalph
01-19-2006, 11:23 PM
i'm smiling right now, and it's not cause of any pill. actually it's kind of perma-smile, stoopid looking and wont go away.

i really didnt know what you meant by rtfm though.
botox huh? LOL!!!

ktteoh
01-22-2006, 07:48 PM
i went to the bmwe34.net link - there is no pictures. what & where is the kick panel - pls bear in mind that i'm from malaysia and may not understand the "common" terms well

Larry Looney
01-22-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a question? Why does these forums always have a smart ass like you on them that needs a ass kicking? The guy just ask a symple question. Not everbody has you intellignce. So clean up your act.

tgrandahl
01-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Well you did get the right size, and getting to the speakers is fairly simple. But the factory stereo in you car is rather complicated. Not only does it have a factory amp, but you have stock 3way COMPONENTS. To add to this you cant to a normal amp bypass because the crossover network is within the amp.

Now you can change the speakers but unfortunatley because of the way the amp is tuned to the factory speakers, replacing them isnt going to make much of an improvement. It might even make it worse, i would only do it if your factory speakers are somehow blow out or destroyed.

So if you want better sound your going to have to go the whole 9 yards to beat what you have factory. It is easy to hide an aftermarket 4 channel amp where the factory one is, it is also easy to get to the all of the front speakers. Bmw even uses twisted factory wiring. Taking the rear deck out is a bit harder because you have to remore the rear seat first.

I can post you pictures on how to do this, with wiring pinouts and suggest some new components. But your factory stereo is almost as complicated as a bose symphony in a 2002 A4.

~Tyler

Incantation
01-22-2006, 11:31 PM
don't waste money on 3 way.. get some nice 2 way components..

ktteoh
01-22-2006, 11:38 PM
tyler, could you send me some pictures of the front & rear speaker panel removal?

my email is mickeyteoh@gmail.com

Well you did get the right size, and getting to the speakers is fairly simple. But the factory stereo in you car is rather complicated. Not only does it have a factory amp, but you have stock 3way COMPONENTS. To add to this you cant to a normal amp bypass because the crossover network is within the amp.

Now you can change the speakers but unfortunatley because of the way the amp is tuned to the factory speakers, replacing them isnt going to make much of an improvement. It might even make it worse, i would only do it if your factory speakers are somehow blow out or destroyed.

So if you want better sound your going to have to go the whole 9 yards to beat what you have factory. It is easy to hide an aftermarket 4 channel amp where the factory one is, it is also easy to get to the all of the front speakers. Bmw even uses twisted factory wiring. Taking the rear deck out is a bit harder because you have to remore the rear seat first.

I can post you pictures on how to do this, with wiring pinouts and suggest some new components. But your factory stereo is almost as complicated as a bose symphony in a 2002 A4.

~Tyler

dacoyote
01-23-2006, 09:13 AM
I have a question? Why does these forums always have a smart ass like you on them that needs a ass kicking? The guy just ask a symple question. Not everbody has you intellignce. So clean up your act.

Why does every forum have a little winny bitch with less then 50 posts that wants to play by the rules?

632 Regal
01-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Why not? adds flavor to the mix.
Why does every forum have a little winny bitch with less then 50 posts that wants to play by the rules?

dacoyote
01-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Why not? adds flavor to the mix.

flavor???

Flavor is spices... usefull things.... like pepper... salt... olive oil.... post whores...

some bitchly little newbie is not flavor....

Larry Looney
01-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Dude that is poor, surly you can do better than that. HAHA. Next time when you come to the war of wit at least bring a load gun.

dacoyote
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
.... load gun.

WTF is a load gun... is that kinda like a potato gun?

Larry Looney
01-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Now that's good. HAHAHA

angrypancake
01-24-2006, 04:29 PM
who is that guy, and was he talking to me? i wasn't being a smart ass, and he...actually, i don't have to defend myself to him. and what the hell is a winny little bitch?

dacoyote
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
who is that guy.... Larry?

and was he talking to me? because he is being a bitch [/QUOTE]

and what the hell is a winny little bitch?
That would be a small female dog the whines all the time....

or.. people like Evan and Larry