PDA

View Full Version : Adhesive for trunk lip gasket?

SRR2
01-19-2006, 11:36 AM
The gasket on the trunk lip of my E30 is leaking. There's a new gasket on the way, but I have no idea what kind of adhesive I should use to attach it. Can someone suggest something that would likely be available from a well-stocked auto parts supplier? Something from Permatex or similar well-known company would probably be the easiest to locate.

Bill R.
01-19-2006, 12:06 PM
best choice as seen here (http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/auto_marine_aero/automotive_aftermarket/node_GSX25Z7486be/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GSLPLPKL4Xge/gvel_6DTWTJQPBBgl/command_AbcPageHandler/theme_us_aad_3_0)
It comes in a yellow or black color, we used to call it yellow death because anything you got it on such as hands, clothes etc. it had to wear off, use great care when applying it since its very hard to get excess off.. Autozone, checkers etc all carry it as weatherstrip adhesive.

The gasket on the trunk lip of my E30 is leaking. There's a new gasket on the way, but I have no idea what kind of adhesive I should use to attach it. Can someone suggest something that would likely be available from a well-stocked auto parts supplier? Something from Permatex or similar well-known company would probably be the easiest to locate.

Tiger
01-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Ditto... you can pick em up at any auto place.. Pep Boys, Discount Auto, Autozone, etc.

SRR2
01-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks guys, that was exactly what I was looking for. I'll use rubber gloves to do the work, too. Good advice.