PDA

View Full Version : A bizzare question and a little OT........

JD525IA
01-19-2006, 10:52 AM
This morning, I started my car and let it warm up for a minute. You know, here in Arizona it is a frigid 45 deg. at 6 am. I had just gotten the car washed two days prior so I decided to get a light layer of desert dust off by using my "California duster". Here's the kicker! I went over the entire car, starting with the hood and the front end and working towards the back.

When I reached the left rear quarter panel, the car just stops running. WTF? I thought maybe I was just imagining this. But NO! I restart the car and when I am at the same place dusting, it happens again. I actually repeated this one more time just for a sanity check. I happens again. The first time it happened, I thought I had touched the rear side marker light and maybe caused a short inside the red lamp casing. I tapped the lens after restarting it the first time but it did nothing. I looked at the tach and it was steady at 700 rpm. I revved it up and let it settle and listened for any sputtering or hesitatioin. Nothing. When I quit dusting, it ran fine.

Did I generate some static by dusting and hit some hidden spot? Has anybody ever heard of this? Do I need to lay off the drugs early in the morning? What the hell is going on?

I know - most of you guys are going to say: "CooKoo, CooKoo!!"

OK - Now for the OT: I was sitting in morning traffic in north Phoenix this morning when a new Z8 Alpina rolled up next to me. What a beauty! The Z8 is definitely in my top 10 favorite cars. This one was silver with a black ragtop and some BIG wheels. After admiring it for 5 minutes I had to change my shorts and wipe the drool from my chin. The bumper to bumper traffic didn't matter with this car - it still looked fast. I wonder if he would like to swap out for a 13 year old 5 series with 150K on it.

Thanks

632 Regal
01-19-2006, 12:16 PM
sounds like static but I havent ever heard of that happening...might be a cool little trick. Wonder if anyone else has one of them dusters to try out.

Phatty5BMW
01-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I got a duster, never tried it with the car running, but i will wipe her down tomarrow after work or my lunchbreak.

angrypancake
01-19-2006, 06:47 PM
i tried it this afternoon, and the car didnt stall out. and it was like 36 degrees out. ill try again in the morning when its like 10. ugh.

632 Regal
01-19-2006, 07:13 PM
LOL!

i tried it this afternoon, and the car didnt stall out. and it was like 36 degrees out. ill try again in the morning when its like 10. ugh.

632 Regal
01-19-2006, 07:14 PM
stall that puppy! this would be amazing if its a fact!

I got a duster, never tried it with the car running, but i will wipe her down tomarrow after work or my lunchbreak.

kyleN20
01-19-2006, 08:04 PM
spunds fishy, coinceident (spelling) i would say, youv tricked yourself

rob101
01-19-2006, 08:18 PM
he is the chosen one.......... we're not worthy we're not worthy.

632 Regal
01-19-2006, 08:20 PM
new movie? not Christine but...ummm...i dont know what his cars name is.
he is the chosen one.......... we're not worthy we're not worthy.

SharkmanBMW
01-19-2006, 08:28 PM
use it as an anti-theft device... !