PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question for Touring Gurus

KennyG
01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
So I'm planning the mods for my future e34 Touring. Of course I want the car Looooooooow. So my question is, is it advantageous to remove the self leveling system? I recall reading a thread somewhere about leaving it in and just adjusting it to fool the system into thinking that the car was higher than it actually is. Assuming this is true, what are the pro's and con's related to deleting it or keeping it.
Thanks guys, you rule.:D

emw525E34
01-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Getting rid of LAD would make the rear LOW enough!. You will have a problem with the front springs as it will be a "fistfull" clearance from the tire top to the fender lip.

Due to the weight of the touring, the rear is almost the same height as a lowered E34 sedan with Eibach Prokits and Bilstein sports. Thats my sedan. My touring had LAD removed with stock springs and Sachs Supertouring shocks, it is exactly the same unladen height at the rear which is what I think you are looking for.

I was told that M-tech springs or H&R lowered spring for the front plus Bilstein Sports for the front will achieve the lowered effect you are after. I would rather use Bilstein HD shocks as Sport is a bit stiff on rebound. Sport will give a harsher ride if you are fussy about ride comfort. I want my touring to have a good balance while my sedan is a pure handling car (its noisy anyway)!. Good luck.

jjw
01-19-2006, 02:19 AM
I kept the LAD on my touring. And it has the H&R springs front and rear. I just adjust the ride height to the level I wanted and it is pretty simple. Only thing is that I haven't adjust the warning sensor, so if there is people in the back, it will triger the OBC, "suspension level"

emw525E34
01-19-2006, 07:06 AM
I would have, if it were there. The PO removed it so I was none the wiser on it. Hell, it rides ok so I am ok with it.