PDA

View Full Version : WRC TV coverage???

Bruno
01-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Who will cover the WRC this year? I don't see it on the programing from Speedtv, all I see if 4 hours of Nascar and 3 hours of bobsled.

Jeff N.
01-18-2006, 03:21 PM
..I now call it the "chat channel". Worthless and endless panels of good ol' boy nascar types back slapping each other and making inside jokes.

*sigh*

Only time real racing seems to happen - WRC, SCCA, Motorcyle events, etc is at 2AM.

Bruno
01-18-2006, 03:27 PM
..I now call it the "chat channel". Worthless and endless panels of good ol' boy nascar types back slapping each other and making inside jokes.

*sigh*

Only time real racing seems to happen - WRC, SCCA, Motorcyle events, etc is at 2AM.

In Europe, my friends have 2 or 3 channels dedicated to racing, they can watch whatever they want... here, we struggle to see WRC and we have to watch OLN to see the Dakar...

Sad as I am sure there is a market for more TV channels in North America to show all kind of racing.

dacoyote
01-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Who will cover the WRC this year? I don't see it on the programing from Speedtv, all I see if 4 hours of Nascar and 3 hours of bobsled.

I wish I knew... I think that noone has it this year....

Bruno
01-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I wish I knew... I think that noone has it this year....

From what I could find:
Not only will Speed not cover 2006, even Eurosport has no plans to cover it!!!! And ITV is cutting their coverage to something like 30 mins summary.

Jeff N.
01-18-2006, 08:17 PM
From what I could find:
Not only will Speed not cover 2006, even Eurosport has no plans to cover it!!!! And ITV is cutting their coverage to something like 30 mins summary.

They were running that damn Clint Eastwood monkey movie not too long ago. WTF? Tell me you can't pull out some WRC, Cart, Motorcycle roadracing, F1, F3000..and the list goes on - footage. And we are just about to start the Nascar season so I can get bunches more worthless coverage of Rusty Wallace, Micheal Waltrip and company sitting around talking about schmickshmack.

SHOW SOMETHING MOVING OR QUIT CALL YERSELF THE SPEED CHANNEL.

ARG! WORTHLESS!

Jimbo
01-19-2006, 01:34 AM
If you turn to Speed channel at any given time you have about a 90% chance of seeing either useless NASCAR programming, or some ridiculous movie with a very slight connection to cars. Outside of sundays during F1 season I don't even bother seeing what's on that channel anymore.

The fact that they are dropping WRC coverage is just a continuation of the programming trends we've been seeing their for the last few years. I really hope their actually pretty good F1 coverage isn't next.

Bruno, you might keep an eye out on the various torrent sites for recordings of rally coverage throughout the season, i'm sure somebody will put them up somewhere.

onewhippedpuppy
01-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Speed is a joke, they show about as much racing as MTV shows music. Then, what they do show is NASCAR, and does that really count? I went to a NASCAR Supertrucks race at the KC superspeedway because we got free tickets, my wife and I sat there for maybe 10 minutes before we were bored out of our minds and left. The mullets and trailerparks stereotype must be halfway accurate, because I don't see how anybody with half a brain could enjoy watching that crap.

I had a feeling Speed was cutting WRC when it dissapeared from their site, I hate TV in the US. They're owned by Fox, and only seem to exist to promote Fox's NASCAR coverage. So congrats Fox, not only do I not watch your crappy NASCAR, now I will no longer watch Speed either.

Bruno
01-19-2006, 08:54 AM
If only we could get Eurosport on ASTRA1...
Can't we get some sat channels from UK or Europe???
I would get a new dish if I could get more Racing coverage.

I must say that the British Touring Championship is pretty exciting and it has been showing every Wednesday on SpeedTv, it is too short but still better than nothing.

I do agree that Speedtv has been getting worse and worse... and with the amount of NAscar fan in North America... I don't see them getting any better.

onewhippedpuppy
01-19-2006, 09:58 AM
What's the old P.T. Barnum saying, "Nobody ever got rich overestimating the taste of the American public", or something like that? I think with proper coverage different forms of racing like F1 or WRC would gain popularity in the US, but the networks don't carry good racing.

bahnstormer
01-19-2006, 12:33 PM
http://www.wrc.com/

if u wanna pay but even then u only get highlights =\

SharkmanBMW
01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Speed is a joke, they show about as much racing as MTV shows music. Then, what they do show is NASCAR, and does that really count? I went to a NASCAR Supertrucks race at the KC superspeedway because we got free tickets, my wife and I sat there for maybe 10 minutes before we were bored out of our minds and left. The mullets and trailerparks stereotype must be halfway accurate, because I don't see how anybody with half a brain could enjoy watching that crap.

I had a feeling Speed was cutting WRC when it dissapeared from their site, I hate TV in the US. They're owned by Fox, and only seem to exist to promote Fox's NASCAR coverage. So congrats Fox, not only do I not watch your crappy NASCAR, now I will no longer watch Speed either.

AHHH, so true.

it should be called the Nascar channel!
I was downloading the F1 races from an english euro tv station last year... SO good, interviews, in the pits, great info and details.... it was double the length of the speed F1 race, so you get it all!

AND no one mentioned the 157 commercials speed plays every hour!!!

TSN in Canada still does F1 better than speed, but the torrent sites had the best coverage from europe.

I weven watched one race in spanish (spanish euro tv) and it was 100 times better than speed coverage , even if I understood nothing!

SharkmanBMW
01-19-2006, 04:22 PM
even Tuesday is the "2 wheel tuesday" - should be bike racing.... NOPE, nascar most of the time!

SPEED SUCKS!

I download WRC, F1, british touring cars, DTM (deutsch touring...)

If anyone has a good site for racing torrents, let us know!

onewhippedpuppy
01-19-2006, 08:21 PM
even Tuesday is the "2 wheel tuesday" - should be bike racing.... NOPE, nascar most of the time!

SPEED SUCKS!

I download WRC, F1, british touring cars, DTM (deutsch touring...)

If anyone has a good site for racing torrents, let us know!

Ditto, I'd hate to miss all the WRC races this year, especially since my 2 year old son loves watching it. There's lots of short clips on google video, it's the only way he will sit down nicely.