PDA

View Full Version : Carjacking waiting to happen?

clhorton
01-18-2006, 06:32 AM
My doors will not lock from the inside. I've checked all the usual suspects, i.e. fuses any loose wire. NOTHING! When I press down the pin on the inside on any of the doors the rest of the car doesn't lock and well I sometimes pass through areas where I might find it useful to have locked doors. So somebody help me before my baby gets stolen or my ass gets kicked!

Akhil
01-18-2006, 06:54 AM
I had got similar problem after I got rear ended by a Jaguar. But there wasn't any thing broken. It was shock sensor which disabled my central locking system. To enable it, just insert the key into driver door lock and turn clockwise. If you see all the other 3 doors are locked now, you have successfully enabled central locking system. If not it might be something else borken.

Good luck
Akhil

clhorton
01-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah when I put the key in the driver side door it will lock all the doors just not from the inside when I press the pin down

PhilipJCaputo
01-18-2006, 07:51 PM
will doors lock if passenger pin is pushed down?

clhorton
01-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Nope not even then. The only way I can lock them is from the outside of the car and I also have the infamous double locking problem

pundit
01-18-2006, 09:19 PM
My doors will not lock from the inside. I've checked all the usual suspects, i.e. fuses any loose wire. NOTHING! When I press down the pin on the inside on any of the doors the rest of the car doesn't lock and well I sometimes pass through areas where I might find it useful to have locked doors. So somebody help me before my baby gets stolen or my ass gets kicked!
I never used to bother about locking my doors while driving in Australia but on three occasions I've had drunk/drugged individuals opening my passenger door whilst stopped in traffic. So now I keep my doors locked all the time. In all cases the wanted me to give them a lift somewhere... at least that's what they said?

Kalevera
01-18-2006, 10:03 PM
I've only seen this happen when using a later E32 lock actuator (same as the early style E34 units) in the E34. All other functions of the system work perfectly, except for activation from the inside at the driver's door.

Have the actuators been replaced on this car, perhaps with used parts?

best, whit

hakwuzhere
01-18-2006, 11:35 PM
The same thing used to happen in my E36.

But would someone actually carjack an E34 where you live?.....

clhorton
01-19-2006, 01:25 AM
I live in south Mississippi. Pretty much 50% of the cars that were here have been destroyed because of the hurricane. Also some ass decided to let FEMA use his land in order to put misplaced people that lived in New Orleans projects half a mile away from where I live. So if the crime rate hike is anything like what happened to houston (which was up around 500%) after the hurricane due to misplaced individuals the extra protection couldn't possibly be a bad thing. I live in a land where the chevy truck reigns supreme so somebody around here could be driving around in a late '70's 2002 and these rednecks would think they had a 760. Also, I am not sure if the actuators have been changed. Which one's should I check. Bear with me as that I am still learning about this great car.