PDA

View Full Version : infamous M3 police getaway

kyleN20
01-17-2006, 01:52 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6386278938406609507&q=m3

also, notice the scean that they show the car "breaking down" is the same scean as the one where the camaro almost hits him, aka they dident catch him, once the camaro was out, the m3 walked the crown vics

angrypancake
01-17-2006, 01:59 PM
a 15 year old? holy ****. they said that the m3 was supercharged... hmm, dunno about that. thats a ridiculous video.

dacoyote
01-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Ok... that is road racing....

That kid should have been taken out of the car and shot....

some of the times darwin misses

kyleN20
01-17-2006, 02:15 PM
yes he ought to have his ass kicked, but my point is, cops, or whoever made this show made it seem like they caught the kid, but they dident, they show the same footage as when he crosses the median and say thats its him breaking down, when really its him in slow moation breaking to get acrossed the median and avoide spike strips, note how it outbreaks the camaro

Jay 535i
01-17-2006, 02:17 PM
they said that the m3 was supercharged... hmm, dunno about that. thats a ridiculous video.

That video is aimed at an audience that belives "supercharged" just means really fast. :)

angrypancake
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
i love how they quote the hp #'s of both cars and add that the camaro has a computer chip. i wonder how those cars would do in a REAL race, not on a highway with innocent people trying to get home from work having heart attacks as an m3 blows by at 150mph

Jay 535i
01-17-2006, 02:34 PM
i love how they quote the hp #'s of both cars and add that the camaro has a computer chip. i wonder how those cars would do in a REAL race, not on a highway with innocent people trying to get home from work having heart attacks as an m3 blows by at 150mph

Indeed.

I thought it was funny that at 125MPH the Camaro's tires were squeeling just from the lane changes. Maybe the solid rear axle has something to do with that, lol.

And the Camaro driver's skills are atrocious. There's no excuse for why he lost control like that.

That police force needs to get some of these:

http://clabedan.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/lambopolizia.jpg

632 Regal
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
exactly, that person (kid or?) probably watched that video and said WTF? they didnt catch anything. Amazing how the Camaros 350 hp couldnt keep up with the BMWs little 240hp...
yes he ought to have his ass kicked, but my point is, cops, or whoever made this show made it seem like they caught the kid, but they dident, they show the same footage as when he crosses the median and say thats its him breaking down, when really its him in slow moation breaking to get acrossed the median and avoide spike strips, note how it outbreaks the camaro

angrypancake
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
they need to bring back the e34 m5 police car.

Jay 535i
01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
They didn't just show the kid coming to a stop. They said he was caught after his car broke down.

You're not saying that TV LIED, are you!?

632 Regal
01-17-2006, 03:24 PM
huh?
They didn't just show the kid coming to a stop. They said he was caught after his car broke down.

You're not saying that TV LIED, are you!?

kyleN20
01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
yeah, what?????
you ought to be able to see the striking similarities between the car breaking down, and the kid breaking to avoid a spike strip

"lt1 is the engine in a corvette, and then we have a computer chip to make it faster then whats avaible to the public"

hahaha

Jay 535i
01-17-2006, 03:30 PM
huh?

(bad) joke

dacoyote
01-17-2006, 03:32 PM
(bad) joke

Don't worry about Jeff... he is a little slow today.....

632 Regal
01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
freezing rain is cool...anyone have a spare helicopter I can borrow so I can get home?

Jay 535i
01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
freezing rain is cool...anyone have a spare helicopter I can borrow so I can get home?

I'm gettin' it here, too. Beats snow.

kyleN20
01-17-2006, 03:52 PM
iv got it over in milford area, and they had it in waterford when i was there for classes

632 Regal
01-17-2006, 03:58 PM
all the dirt roads are solid ice, they dropped off kids in the lot here to walk home cause the busses wont go down them...:(

kyleN20
01-17-2006, 04:01 PM
i stoped to look at a talon tsi for sale, and i was stuck, a solid sheet of ice

632 Regal
01-17-2006, 05:15 PM
are you still in your car?
i stoped to look at a talon tsi for sale, and i was stuck, a solid sheet of ice

Incantation
01-17-2006, 06:01 PM
that commentator has this smarmy sound to him.. annoys the hell outta me

kyleN20
01-17-2006, 06:33 PM
i like the word smarmy

Booster
01-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Amazing to me that only one of you commented on the fact that the Officers in chase were being very cautious not to ram him or roll his ass ! I suppose for public safety and respect for the stolen car owner.
I know most of you are just funnin'.........and find the fact that its a Bimmer seemingly beating the Po-Po, but get real.......you gotta' know that the troopers were following orders or protocol to stay back enough to let this "full of himself" asswhipe wreck on his own behalf to make telling his parents how he died abit easier and keep the lawsuits down.
Personally.......I'd have shot him in the head and let him roll a dozen times as soon as I found out the owner of the car had full coverage........just for endangering others .;)
I lost my Fiance' just days before our wedding to a selfish fu@k like this one ! If he hadn't died also in the head on....he would have shortly after I got ahold of him.....and I'm NOT kidding one bit.
Its been 2 1/2 years since she was killed and I STILL want to wack his parents for raising such a selfless,spoiled,careless unsupervised ****.The video would have ended better if he'd blown a tire and impaled himself on a guardrail at 150 mph.
Ok....rant over.
..............Vinny

rob101
01-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah the other thing you have to ask is, why did they keep chasing him, talking of public safety especially for someone who is only 15, what is the point of running him down until he stacks into someone and kills an innocent person, its not like any accident he had with a car on the freeway at that speed would be likely to be non-fatal for the occupants of the multiple cars involved, better to just let him go and find the car later. i mean the cop could have died and almost took out another cruiser as well, I don't think that catching a teenager in a stolen car is worth that risk to the police, the innocent people driving on a road or the perpetrator's lives.

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I was also 15 and took off in a rocket of an Rx2 at 120 mph.

The highway was pretty much just me and a growing number of cop cars.

Could beat the cop cars but not their radios and they blocked the road in the end.

So I just pulled over and got my ass taken to jail...Boy were my parents pissed.

angrypancake
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I think everyone's run once. I ran once last summer but only for like 1 mile on a highway on the way to work at 9am with 0 other cars around for miles. that was a one time thing, now i just accept the ticket or better yet, just dont get pulled over for doing dumb ****

rob101
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
did you ever notice that the chases from that series (i can't remember the name only the stupity of its presenter/narrator) they have the automotive equalent of canned laughter, all these stupid sound effects of people's wheel's squeeling and screeching. as for the camaro's wheel screeching when changing lanes that is the answer that they aren't really doing that but the sound effects guy who may have never driven a car quickly only seen them in movies decided it would give the appropriate impact.

dacoyote
01-17-2006, 10:15 PM
did you ever notice that the chases from that series (i can't remember the name only the stupity of its presenter/narrator) they have the automotive equalent of canned laughter, all these stupid sound effects of people's wheel's squeeling and screeching. as for the camaro's wheel screeching when changing lanes that is the answer that they aren't really doing that but the sound effects guy who may have never driven a car quickly only seen them in movies decided it would give the appropriate impact.

It's called "World's Wildest Police Videos"... or the "World's Scariest Police Chases".... it ran from the late 90s to early 2003.. I think... it's on spike now days but was on Fox. its hosted by John Bunnell... who likes to suck the wipped cream off his lovers meat stick....

It fun to watch the show for the chases and the wreaks. Aside from the stuff from overseas about half the time the police don't follow training. Any time you don't see a take down or a wreak chances are good that the dude got away.

E34 530
01-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Indeed.

I thought it was funny that at 125MPH the Camaro's tires were squeeling just from the lane changes. Maybe the solid rear axle has something to do with that, lol.

And the Camaro driver's skills are atrocious. There's no excuse for why he lost control like that.

That police force needs to get some of these:

http://clabedan.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/lambopolizia.jpg

I saw that lambo police car in Italy. They also have Ferrari police vehicles. I also saw a few e46 3 seires wagons as police cars. I would post the link to all the cars I saw in Italy but half of them seem to be too old to work anymore. I 'm getting red x's on half of the pic's.

632 Regal
01-17-2006, 11:36 PM
run? from the police? nawww...not me...
I was also 15 and took off in a rocket of an Rx2 at 120 mph.

The highway was pretty much just me and a growing number of cop cars.

Could beat the cop cars but not their radios and they blocked the road in the end.

So I just pulled over and got my ass taken to jail...Boy were my parents pissed.

Traian
01-17-2006, 11:47 PM
The E34 M5 police car was not a series thing, I belive only 2 (or maybe 3) were given to the SC police chief and highway patrol as a gift when the Bimmer plant opened in Spartanburg. Now they just need to open one in Toronto and I'll be gearing up for my police training :)

Booster, that really sucks mate and I'd be looking for revenge every day too if something of that sort happened to me. I don't know ya, and I'm not trying to be weird, but I can begin to imagine how painful that would be.

632 Regal
01-18-2006, 12:08 AM
right, the only thing to do is forgiveness and to have a clear peaceful mind as hard as it is. the parents arent responsible and they lost what they thought was a decent kid nomatter how you look at it.

Booster, that really sucks mate and I'd be looking for revenge every day too if something of that sort happened to me. I don't know ya, and I'm not trying to be weird, but I can begin to imagine how painful that would be.

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-18-2006, 12:36 AM
you may get lucky like and get a reduced change, like Rodney King and get arrested for impersonating a pinata.

genphreak
01-18-2006, 10:05 AM
run? from the police? nawww...not me...A friend of mine used to do this regualrly in a V8 Ford Mustang-equivalent with a hot cam and 4BBL carb. Damn thing was fast- only thing that kept up with it was similar kind of race-car, noone could touch him on the street, only the cars built for the strip.

Here in Aus in the seventies was like America in the 50s- hot-rods and street races were common as the roads were bigger, less utilised and age-related tensions greater (let alone cars and gas cheaper)

This fella used to get chased by the cops on-sight as they recognised the car. The cops enjoyed the ride. (I found this out when I met one personally years later) he'd had a reputation with them as the 'green ghost' cause it vanished every time they saw it. These were the days days before good comms and traffic lights on every block. He was ultra lucky (that kind of guy actually- girls, luck, looks and no cash, living fast), but so were the others that missed getting hit by that 2T missile. Lucky to have survived the car and the mad Mini Cooper S he had before it, the amount of times a 'race' (read chase) happened after the flash of some blue lights. I never did anything like that, but speaking on his behalf, I can say the cops are bored and love a chase which is why they seldom give up or follow the rules if they don't have to. I guess that is why they persue freaked druggies or children for running a red light until they wipe out a family going in the other direction, trying to hop a median strip to get away.

He never did anything bad, but they chased him for something small once and after a while they chased him because he ran. Old story I guess, most fellas in jail will tell you... but in his case it was true. These days they'd be waiting at your families or friends places by the time you got home, would road-spike you, shoot you ('Terrorist suspect dies on freeway before killing innocent victims') or perhaps soon they'll be able to send you to Egypt or Turkey to find out if that gibberish you spoke after you'd been tazorred and sprayed in the police truck was in fact arabic (en-route to the 'Bay). LOL

By the way, don't do any of this at home- you'll break that damn centre bearing and get caught or flip your car with a loose tailshaft as you head into 3rd gear.