PDA

View Full Version : Emergency: Sister Locked Inside Car

Jon K
01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Shes 1.5 hrs away from me, locked in her '95 530i. The door pin won't come up it just falls back down. The key turns in the ignition but it doesn't crank. She has no sunroof open tool. This is a big deal can anyone help me!

ryan roopnarine
01-17-2006, 01:18 PM
what do you mean "falls down"? is it an electrical pull down, or like a broken mechanism causing the knobs to fall down?

was going to suggest that she drove home, and get somebody to open the trunk from the outside, force the allen key in somehow, but then i saw you say that it won't crank. if she's still in there, and you think its electical, i'd get her to jump in the backseat, pull it up, and "push" the wire back into the battery terminal clamp. i have a once/6 month problem where , when im about to start the car (all acc's come on), and i try to start it, it just goes "click". pushing the wire back into the battery terminal fixes it, but i think its an obc/code issue.

632 Regal
01-17-2006, 01:27 PM
car have an alarm?

kyleN20
01-17-2006, 01:29 PM
call local police, have em come with a slim jim, or triple a, pop the hood and have someone hook up a battery, then roll down the window and dukes of hazzard it

angrypancake
01-17-2006, 01:31 PM
this looks like a job for your supercharger and 5th gear. what about turning the key to position 2 and opening the windows? i guess she's probly tried it all already. break the window and bust out?

Torque
01-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Tell her to break the window or call 911.

NovceGuru
01-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Sounds like it got tripped into the "hard lock" mode or whatever its called. I've done the same thing to my girlfriend and played dumb like "OMG your stuck!" Maybe your sis has a mean boyfriend to? :\

Tiger
01-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Pop the hood and have someone hook up the jumper cable... then have her see if she can unlock car from inside... or try passenger side door... hold pin up and open the handle.

SRR2
01-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, the second lock position on the driver's door lock. That's what it sounds like. But how would that be possible with someone in the car? Guess it could be a failure of the lock mechanism. That's a bear because everything's uncooperative when the lock is in that position.

Jon, where is she located?

SRR2
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
n/t

Torque
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Maybe your sis has a mean boyfriend to? :\She could have had one, but Jon never put in a good word for me. :D mwuaahah

uscharalph
01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Shes 1.5 hrs away from me, locked in her '95 530i. The door pin won't come up it just falls back down. The key turns in the ignition but it doesn't crank. She has no sunroof open tool. This is a big deal can anyone help me!
The windows don't work?

NovceGuru
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
This could turn into one of those blonde jokes.... :p

Jon K
01-17-2006, 02:44 PM
my mom came with a spare key -

recap: she unlocked the car, got in, closed door and doesn't remember hitting the locks down, put key in ignition, it would go to ACC I, ACC II, radio worked etc, but the start would not crank past ACC II. When the car is locked, the door pins fall down, ie you leave your window down and lock your car you cannot just unlock it frmo outside by pulling the pin. Front and rear doors would not unlock. She has a keyless entry thing under the rear seat but we have no remote for it... i dunno what happened. I want to keep it from happening again though.

This is on a 95 530...

angrypancake
01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
remind me to never hotbox a 530i then. "officer, i swear it just wont open!"

632 Regal
01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
another hidden trick? Is this true?

you leave your window down and lock your car you cannot just unlock it frmo outside by pulling the pin.
This is on a 95 530...
and if so why wouldnt it start? weird...

dacoyote
01-17-2006, 03:16 PM

Yeah... if the car is double locked...

Andrea K
01-17-2006, 03:34 PM

Yes, I was reading the manual while I was waiting...if you lock the car with the key from the outside, you can't open the car from the inside with the locks.

kyleN20
01-17-2006, 04:02 PM
wow, so i have my own prison, and a bmw too boot

Qube
01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Speaking of boot :) Perhaps she could have (yeah right) fit through the ski-bag partition.

Frmo your description, it sounds like one of those horror flicks.

Torque
01-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Check the fusible link.

My dad almost died in my car last summer (~100 degrees, black car, in sun all day) because he was in it, we double-locked and then nothing worked ... not even my emergency unlock procedure ... we ended up pulling the pin from inside, turning the key and various other things until something snapped off in the passenger door lock. Then we spent the rest of the day fixing that. lol

Derek A.
01-17-2006, 06:23 PM
If you lock the car by pushing down on the knobs - you should be able to unlock it via the knobs as wells. If you can't then there is something messed up in the car. I would remove the keyless/alarm/lock if its not operational.

angrypancake
01-17-2006, 08:15 PM
my emergency unlock procedure is a crowbar.

shogun
01-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Stopped with his 3 series cabriolet just right in front of apt. building underground parking lot entrance. I was inside working on my car and asked him to move the car if someone wants to drive in/out.... Answer: Ohh, it's just a minute, I just gonna pick up my girlfriend.
Jumped out of the car, left the key inside and disappeared into the building.
:(

And he came back and could not open his car anymore :D
No, no, it was not me.
He had a small dog in his car which had stepped on the doorlock next to the handbrake.
That was a very looooong minute, till he could get into his :D car again

PhilipJCaputo
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Jon, just IM'd you this.... but I figure I'll double up

you should buy her a keyless entry thing.... I did for mine, and it was like 20 bucks on ebay you want FCC id a269zua071 you can open up the fob (whatever that stands for) there is a chip you take out, and put in the under side of the thing under her seat... you then hit a button on the thing under her seat, put the chip back in the fob, and it'll work...

Incantation
01-18-2006, 03:50 AM
lawlz

emw525E34
01-19-2006, 03:01 AM
Yikes, K9s can be that nasty!. That was sure a long minute. Did he has to call BMW service car ?. How did they BMW guys fit this ?. Any secret tricks, you saw ?.

Oh, he could have persuaded the doggie to hit the roof button and all would be ok in a convertible!.