PDA

View Full Version : Need advice with bad internet purchase

ra_pro
01-16-2006, 04:29 PM
I bought keyless entry system from www.BmwSecuritySystems.com. The system doesn't work after installing it according to the manual. I have had minimal support from the seller and what I did have amounted to saying that there must be some modification in my car's OEM security system, needless to say there is none. I asked the seller either to try and help to resolve the issue or return my money but I haven't received a reply in over a week.

Is there anything I can do? Can I raise this with some authorities, BBB perhaps? It's not so much the money, about 150 USD, I can let that go. But I want at least to have the satisfaction of paying back the SOB that sells these BS systems.

Jay 535i
01-16-2006, 04:37 PM
I bought keyless entry system from www.BmwSecuritySystems.com. The system doesn't work after installing it according to the manual. I have had minimal support from the seller and what I did have amounted to saying that there must be some modification in my car's OEM security system, needless to say there is none. I asked the seller either to try and help to resolve the issue or return my money but I haven't received a reply in over a week.

Is there anything I can do? Can I raise this with some authorities, BBB perhaps? It's not so much the money, about 150 USD, I can let that go. But I want at least to have the satisfaction of paying back the SOB that sells these BS systems.

You could contact the BBB, but you'd be wasting your time.

Sell the thing on ebay and put the whole mess behind you.

Oh wait, wait... I notice that's not his own website. He uses vstore, which is a hosting service. If you complain to them, they may consider closing his account. Long shot, though, and really not worth your effort.

That's my two cents.

Sorry you got shafted. Internet shopping is a game of chance, but I think we come out winners more often than not.

632 Regal
01-16-2006, 04:39 PM
if you post what year/car you have there is minor changes amoung years and wiring colors. Post the directions in the kit and then some of the electrical gurus might be able to sort it out for you.

Your pretty much on your own with internet buys...

pundit
01-16-2006, 05:22 PM

As Regal said, which model/year E34 do you have?
There were differences between '89-'91 and '92-'95 the latter generally being fitted with a factory alarm system while the earlier versions often just had the anti-theft system.

632 Regal
01-16-2006, 05:31 PM
did ya get the correct one?

Qube
01-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Did you pay via PayPal? If so, you can file a complaint of 'not-as-described'.

Either way, if the seller is uncooperative, file an issue with eBay and perhaps that will prod them in the right direction.

On ANOTHER note, give us more details about the system and what is required and we may be able to help you out. Perhaps it's a user error ;)

jnmip
02-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Did you pay via PayPal? If so, you can file a complaint of 'not-as-described'.

Either way, if the seller is uncooperative, file an issue with eBay and perhaps that will prod them in the right direction.

On ANOTHER note, give us more details about the system and what is required and we may be able to help you out. Perhaps it's a user error ;)

Probably not an install problem. I bought one from BMW Security Systems and when I had problems they went radio silent. No replies to emails or vmails until I threatened to let everyone on the boards and ebay know. Still haven't gotten all of my refund. If you go to their site.....its down for maintenance. Their ebay listing is now just for flip keys. Lesson learned here. :(

Incantation
02-05-2006, 10:29 AM
dude just make it work. first i'd take it to a keyless/security place and see if it even works to begin with (might want to check two places in case they say it doesnt' so they can sell you a new one), and then get into some wiring diagrams of your car.

for my e34 i had no keyless unit under the back seat so i had to get in behind the front left subwoofer and find the right wires to tap into.. took a bit to figure it out but as with most DIY stuff when it finally worked i was very pleased.