PDA

View Full Version : Thrust arm inserts news

Bruno
01-16-2006, 04:14 PM
After sending money to my supplier and then watching as they disappear from the surface of the earth, I have a meeting with another company this week to make another type of inserts for the E34 thrust arm bushings.

So, I will have more news for you later this week.
I am also looking into making some metal bushings with some type of bearing that will move only up and down. (for hard core E34 owners).

And I am working on the BMWE34 website again.

If everything goes right, there will be at least some inserts for 25 cars in a month....

Thank you for your patience.

Jay 535i
01-16-2006, 04:17 PM
After sending money to my supplier and then watching as they disappear from the surface of the earth, I have a meeting with another company this week to make another type of inserts for the E34 thrust arm bushings.

So, I will have more news for you later this week.
I am also looking into making some metal bushings with some type of bearing that will move only up and down. (for hard core E34 owners).

And I am working on the BMWE34 website again.

If everything goes right, there will be at least some inserts for 25 cars in a month....

Thank you for your patience.

Sounds good, Bruno.

If you want some help with that website, just let me know. You can pay me with your labour ;) Here's my (incomplete) portfolio (http://www.subtlemotion.ca/portfolio).

632 Regal
01-16-2006, 04:35 PM
if you make a solid bearing type of insert, wont it trash the mounting parts because it will still want to flex side to side and fatigue the metal?

Bruno
01-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Sounds good, Bruno.

If you want some help with that website, just let me know. You can pay me with your labour ;) Here's my (incomplete) portfolio (http://www.subtlemotion.ca/portfolio).

Jay, I haven't been able to get the 535i 5 speed for your 5 speed swap, but I will keep my eyes open to get another damaged 535i.

As for the turbocharger... 400hP sure is tempting...

av8r
01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Bruno,
We currently build molds an do tooling work for a local shop which makes all sorts of custom urethane products. The owner is very knowledgeable and can provide quick turnaround. He is located in Cleveland, Tn. If you would like his name and contact info please email me directly.
csmarinello@comcast.net

Bruno
01-16-2006, 04:41 PM
if you make a solid bearing type of insert, wont it trash the mounting parts because it will still want to flex side to side and fatigue the metal?

Dave (535i turbo stage 2) has a prototype working on his car, after another couple of racing school, we will investigate and maybe weld supports if needed. No problem so far.

We are looking at using the 850i control arms for his car: (they have spherical bearings)

http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/Data/controlarm.jpg

Jay 535i
01-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Jay, I haven't been able to get the 535i 5 speed for your 5 speed swap, but I will keep my eyes open to get another damaged 535i.

As for the turbocharger... 400hP sure is tempting...

Heh, no problem, Bruno ... I'm broke! That's why you haven't heard from me in a while ;)

FWIW, I noticed a 5-speed 535 in the Auto Trader for $2500. But I'm in no position to spend more money on my car right now. Perhaps in the spring.

Take care, Bruno. You'll hear from me again. Count on it :)

Bruno
01-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Bruno,
We currently build molds an do tooling work for a local shop which makes all sorts of custom urethane products. The owner is very knowledgeable and can provide quick turnaround. He is located in Cleveland, Tn. If you would like his name and contact info please email me directly.
csmarinello@comcast.net

I noticed some cracked on the urethane product after abusing the part. I am thinking making the future one out of aluminum maybe...
I will send you an email.

632 Regal
01-16-2006, 04:54 PM
there was a recent post about the urethane shrinking around the insert in less than 10k...
I noticed some cracked on the urethane product after abusing the part. I am thinking making the future one out of aluminum maybe...
I will send you an email.