PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel question

BMW4ever
01-16-2006, 02:04 AM
hi all, i know bruno's website has information regarding upgrading the steering wheel. however, i found some other "bmw forums" and one guy upgraded his e34 steering wheel with the m3 e36's. i checked the e36 steering wheel and it's ugly. the same "bmw forum" also have one of their members upgraded their e34 steering wheel with a e46 steering wheel. is this true that bmw e34 steering wheel can swaped out with newer model steering wheels?

Alexlind123
01-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Jon k has a nice steering wheel from what looks like a newer model. You could do a search on it.

angrypancake
01-16-2006, 02:51 AM
a lot of people go with an m-tech II wheel, check out ebay, they go for ~150 to 200 bucks, depending.

Jay 535i
01-16-2006, 01:08 PM
hi all, i know bruno's website has information regarding upgrading the steering wheel. however, i found some other "bmw forums" and one guy upgraded his e34 steering wheel with the m3 e36's. i checked the e36 steering wheel and it's ugly. the same "bmw forum" also have one of their members upgraded their e34 steering wheel with a e46 steering wheel. is this true that bmw e34 steering wheel can swaped out with newer model steering wheels?

With enough time, effort and money, almost anything's possible.

Scott H
01-16-2006, 01:15 PM
The E36 M3 airbag wheel is used....smaller diameter, thumb detents, and tri-color stitching. You swap your airbag in to it with the contact ring.

Yes the airbag still looks like a brick, but the wheel itself is MUCH sportier. It's hard to beat the M-tech II wheel but it will not work in later steering columns. My guess is that you were looking at the wrong E36 wheel and/or looking for the wrong details.

...i found some other "bmw forums" and one guy upgraded his e34 steering wheel with the m3 e36's. i checked the e36 steering wheel and it's ugly....